2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

aberfeldy

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by aberfeldy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Also, if more than 9000 people applied to this call, why we are so few here in this forum? Where is everyone....is there another forum?

I kinda wanna know already....Is it true that you get informed by NCP beforehand? I take it they only tell you if you are successful though....why would they bother otherwise....Anyone has experience with this?

MSCAIF ENG 2017

Post by MSCAIF ENG 2017 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm

@ ST LIF

Last year's cutoff were shown in tabular form just after the result announcement. I guess, they will do the same this year also. I am guessing, the results may be published on 26th Jan (Off-course it is my guess based on previous histories) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

laprofesora

Post by laprofesora » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm

MSCAIF ENG 2017 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Last year's cutoff were shown in tabular form just after the result announcement.
Where exactly? On the Europa website?
MSCAIF ENG 2017 wrote:
I am guessing, the results may be published on 26th Jan
Me too, I guess it's the most probable upcoming Friday for the results to come out. Last year I was notified on Friday 27 Jan.
It's horrible, you just get an email with your project acronym and in capitals the word REJECTION. :cry: :o

ST-LIF

Post by ST-LIF » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 pm

MSCAIF ENG 2017 wrote:
Me too, I guess it's the most probable upcoming Friday for the results to come out. Last year I was notified on Friday 27 Jan.
It's horrible, you just get an email with your project acronym and in capitals the word REJECTION. :cry: :o
OMG - so what does the Rejection mean? That it was not in the 70% cutoff? Because I'm assuming if you are B-listed or C-listed, you are not automatically rejected. In any case, that is truly horrifying!!!! :o

MSCAIF ENG 2017

Post by MSCAIF ENG 2017 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Sadly me too got the horrible news on 27th Jan Friday morning. Let's hope for the best, but at the same time: prepare for the worst. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm

laprofesora wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm
MSCAIF ENG 2017 wrote:
Last year's cutoff were shown in tabular form just after the result announcement.
Where exactly? On the Europa website?
MSCAIF ENG 2017 wrote:
I am guessing, the results may be published on 26th Jan
This is sickening :shock: :o Is that the email subject??? Harsh

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm

ST-LIF wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 pm
OMG - so what does the Rejection mean? That it was not in the 70% cutoff? Because I'm assuming if you are B-listed or C-listed, you are not automatically rejected. In any case, that is truly horrifying!!!! :o
You are automatically rejected and get this email title if you are on the C list even if you are above 70%. I think it is better to know immediately even if it feels like a shock. For the user asking about when you get reviews etc. they are available as soon as you receive the result email, you log in to the portal to download them I think. They don't send you the cut-offs, but you see them on the call page under "Topic Conditions and Documents". I don't know if they publish the B-list cutoff but you can ask your NCP what number you are at on the reserve list.

The person who said hope for the best but prepare for the worst is right. Hard work will get you so far but we all know from peer review that sometimes we don't express ourselves clearly, reviewers misunderstand our point, we end up in a batch of proposals that are so good that ours seems poor in comparison, or reviewers just don't find our idea interesting. It takes both hard work and luck to get this fellowship. Assume it is unlikely that you will make it - and be overjoyed when you do :D Every day I think of a new strength my proposal has... and a new weakness a reviewer might see.

laprofesora

Post by laprofesora » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

ANGF wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm
You are automatically rejected and get this email title if you are on the C list even if you are above 70%.
Exactly, I received this email with 85, which is clearly above 70, but very far from the cutoff in SOC, which was 92,8 last year. The email I received was very clear.

Dear Coordinator,

We regret to inform you that your above proposal has been rejected. The Rejection Letter is available on the proposal page at the Participant Portal. Log on at the Participant Portal, go to My Area > My Proposal(s) and click the Follow-up (FO) button.

Regards,
Participant Portal Grant Management Service

I am interested in understanding how the email is phrased if you are in the B or A list.

laprofesora

Post by laprofesora » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm

ANGF wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm
Hard work will get you so far but we all know from peer review that sometimes we don't express ourselves clearly, reviewers misunderstand our point, we end up in a batch of proposals that are so good that ours seems poor in comparison, or reviewers just don't find our idea interesting. It takes both hard work and luck to get this fellowship.
Very true, I've read a couple of successful proposals in SOC before re-applying and I believe they are very interesting and well-written but they are not genius stuff, nor they are on an unattainable level. Luck is as important as hard work, also if we take into account how evaluation is conducted. :|

Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst :geek:

als

Post by als » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm

This is my third time applying in IF_LIF SCI. The first time I got 90.6 and didn't make it; the second I got 92 and was put on reserve list. It is sooo frustrating!! Especially because the reviewers are different each year... :?