2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

Project798132

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by Project798132 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:48 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:19 pm
Project798132 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Hey! Thanks for your positive comment :) I wrote one page for the ethics and attached some ethic approval forms. However in their comments they ask me to clarify things that I already wrote inthis one page. They also wanted clarification re approval forms...if i intend to use the old ones or make new...I send my response already so now I m waiting...so stressful! Can you tellmw more about the other case you knew? Was it similar to what I told you? In my portal btw it says that my proposal is in Grant Management and also that the day of official information is the 14th february. So I guess this is the day we will hear... valentines day special 😆
You will also have to take into account that apart from the 173 proposals submitted to be evaluated under EF-SE others will be probably added as well.
For example, mine was to be evaluated under EF-RI, but from what I saw the proposal was transferred to EF-SE.
NO WAY!!!! I hardly believe this....anyone else confirms that?
No reason to lie!
Check the Guide for Applicants
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships (IF)
Version 1.5
19 May 2017
Page 12 of 63:
EF-ST/CAR/RI proposals with a beneficiary having a non-academic status will be transferred to the EF-SE Panel, if this would increase the chance of funding for the non-academic applicants.
The status of the organisation and the decision to transfer proposals is ultimately determined by the legal validation of the entity, which takes place if the entity is invited to start the Grant Agreement Preparation. It is therefore important that entities considering themselves to be non-academic apply from the beginning for the EF-SE panel.
EF-SE proposals with a beneficiary having an academic status will be transferred to the EF-ST Panel.
If the non-academic status of an EF_SE proposal is not confirmed by the validation services at the moment of the Grant Agreement Preparation, the proposal will be transferred to another EF panel under which the academic status is permitted. This might imply that the invitation for the Grant Agreement Preparation is withdrawn, because the proposal does not meet the score to be funded or the eligibility requirements for this panel.
In case of doubts about the eligibility of the researcher, submission of documentary evidence may be requested after the call deadline.

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 pm

Project798132 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:48 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:19 pm
Project798132 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 pm

You will also have to take into account that apart from the 173 proposals submitted to be evaluated under EF-SE others will be probably added as well.
For example, mine was to be evaluated under EF-RI, but from what I saw the proposal was transferred to EF-SE.
NO WAY!!!! I hardly believe this....anyone else confirms that?
No reason to lie!
Check the Guide for Applicants
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships (IF)
Version 1.5
19 May 2017
Page 12 of 63:
EF-ST/CAR/RI proposals with a beneficiary having a non-academic status will be transferred to the EF-SE Panel, if this would increase the chance of funding for the non-academic applicants.
The status of the organisation and the decision to transfer proposals is ultimately determined by the legal validation of the entity, which takes place if the entity is invited to start the Grant Agreement Preparation. It is therefore important that entities considering themselves to be non-academic apply from the beginning for the EF-SE panel.
EF-SE proposals with a beneficiary having an academic status will be transferred to the EF-ST Panel.
If the non-academic status of an EF_SE proposal is not confirmed by the validation services at the moment of the Grant Agreement Preparation, the proposal will be transferred to another EF panel under which the academic status is permitted. This might imply that the invitation for the Grant Agreement Preparation is withdrawn, because the proposal does not meet the score to be funded or the eligibility requirements for this panel.
In case of doubts about the eligibility of the researcher, submission of documentary evidence may be requested after the call deadline.
Oh you are right! Had no idea! sorry and thank you for the info! :)

Chiquitistan

Post by Chiquitistan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:53 am

Goodmorning guys!
Someone has Ranking in chemistry? Thanks a lot for this forum :D !!

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:09 am

BB8 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 pm
Just to clarify: I have Ranking but no Officer name this year. Two years ago (92.4 in RI, on reserve list but not funded) I had Pamela Gorini indicated, who had contacted me for ethical issues. From what I read last year on another forum, they deleted the bug that was indicating Officer names in that link. This year, I wasn't contacted for ethical issues (despite presenting more or less the same project).
danGFSOC wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am
Are you sure that this is "correct"? I mean, it is not a sort of "hijacking" the website (and they know that we are doing it)? I did it last year. It was quite reliable at the end but I do not know if I want to do it this year. It gets me nervous and it becomes impossible to work :roll:

@BB8, I guess that the fact that you see the name of the officer assigned to your project is actually a good sign...
So it is not true that only proposals likely to be funded get contacted for ethical reasons....what did they ask you that time when they contacted you? When you get on reserve list, what are the expectations? Do they say within which time they might contact you?

sci'stache

Post by sci'stache » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Chiquitistan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:53 am
Goodmorning guys!
Someone has Ranking in chemistry? Thanks a lot for this forum :D !!
I applied for chem too. I have "phase":"EVALUATION","proposal":true,"finished":false

I don't know what to make of it.

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:27 pm

HI everyone
Here my thoughts on the “RANKING” issue.
Fact: People currently in phase: RANKING were previously in phase: EVALUATION
Guess 1: you go from EVALUATION to RANKING when your final score is updated in the system.
but: not everyone score has been updated in the system so far.
why?
Guess 2. It is being done by panels (CHE, ECO, ENG, ENV, LIF, MAT, PHY, SOC). Easy to corroborate, if in the near future rest of people go from EVALUATION to RANKING phase. If this does not happen:
Guess 3: It is being done from high (low) to low (high) score. My Guess is that only applications upgraded to RANKING are likely to be listed as GRANTED or RESERVE LIST (above 90 points, just to give a number as an example), or just those above threshold.
Guess 4: It is being done randomly. Same as Guess 2.
on what I base my assumptions?
once everyone is evaluated the ranking process in 2018 I expected to be done in less than a minute with the help of computers and not so difficult programs. However, I can understand that the data (final score agreed by reviewers) input is manual as reviewers might have no access to the system or database or however is named. Therefore, data entry might take more time than the ranking process per se.
What am I sure about?
Independently of the meaning of RANKING (or our interpretation of it) our results won’t change.
Miscellaneous: you can find in this link a lot (really a lot) of real and interesting data from previous years, included granted proposals for applicants above 60 years old. http://cache.media.education.gouv.fr/fi ... 750373.pdf

AK_MSCA

Post by AK_MSCA » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm

I think only above threshold proposal goes to ranking phase

als

Post by als » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:09 am
BB8 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 pm
Just to clarify: I have Ranking but no Officer name this year. Two years ago (92.4 in RI, on reserve list but not funded) I had Pamela Gorini indicated, who had contacted me for ethical issues. From what I read last year on another forum, they deleted the bug that was indicating Officer names in that link. This year, I wasn't contacted for ethical issues (despite presenting more or less the same project).
danGFSOC wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am
Are you sure that this is "correct"? I mean, it is not a sort of "hijacking" the website (and they know that we are doing it)? I did it last year. It was quite reliable at the end but I do not know if I want to do it this year. It gets me nervous and it becomes impossible to work :roll:

@BB8, I guess that the fact that you see the name of the officer assigned to your project is actually a good sign...
So it is not true that only proposals likely to be funded get contacted for ethical reasons....what did they ask you that time when they contacted you? When you get on reserve list, what are the expectations? Do they say within which time they might contact you?
Hi aberfeldy,

To my understanding, you don´t necessarily have to be contacted to clarify ethical issues.

On the other hand, this is what my NCP told me regarding reserve list last year (I was on it): you are not told your position, however you NCP may be able to find out for you and let you know (mine didn´t). Furthermore, the expectations are that around 5 proposals from reserve list get funded. In theory, they can contact you all throughout the year (I was never contacted nor has the status of my proposal changed.

So basically it means spreading out the uncertainty and agony for much longer :D I was recommended to find something else (which I did) and either wait for news or re-apply (which I did!).

IF_IAMYOURS

Post by IF_IAMYOURS » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 am

AK_MSCA wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm
I think its nothing but indicating that the comments by reviewer are processed. Those which are still in Evaluation phase are actually waiting for review's input. Otherwise, the comment should not be Evaluation rather it must be something like FAIL.
Last edited by IF_IAMYOURS on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 am

IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 am
AK_MSCA wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm
I think it nothing but indicating the comments by reviewer are processed. Those which are still in Evaluation phase are actually waiting for review's input. Otherwise, the comment should not be Evaluation rather it must be something like FAIL.
I hope you are right, dear friend.
Wish you lovely weekend.