MSCA-IF awardees in 2018 and academics networking

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: MSCA Successful applications - next steps!

Post by CountZ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Turpentine wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi CountZ. This is in the host institution's hand. They have 3 weeks to fill in some info - they take care of that and get back to me if they need to (last news from yesterday). Sorry for all the trouble you guys have with the reviews. I hope you will find a way to talk to the ERC. I thought if you can come up with some constructive suggestions to improve the process, that could improve how your request might be taken. Reviewing 10k applications must be a real challenge... I wish you all the best of luck with this collective step!
Thanks! Keep us updated on your grant :)

MSCA-IF-CAR_2018

Post by MSCA-IF-CAR_2018 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:13 pm

I agree, this could be a good thing to do. Not that I have some specific question for the moment, but it could be very helpful in the near future. I propose however to create a new thread for 2019. I checked the messages thinking they will stop for last year's fellowship, since the thread was created in feb 2018!
Turpentine wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:04 am
Is anyone interested to get this thread back to life? I think it would be helpful to share our questions and how the next steps are moving. And as one said earlier, this forum reminds the good old times of internet! I will miss it! :|

Turpentine

Post by Turpentine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 am

Count me in! That's a great idea! I haven't use caramail-style forum for 20 years :) I will try to create a new thread these days, but if you or someone else wants to do it, please go ahead! I think there will be many questions coming on e.g. Take home salary, research activity allowance, what define a marital status, starting dates, ethical reviews... Etc. AND above all, that would be awesome to keep in touch on this old fashion website! :D
MSCA-IF-CAR_2018 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:13 pm
I agree, this could be a good thing to do. Not that I have some specific question for the moment, but it could be very helpful in the near future. I propose however to create a new thread for 2019. I checked the messages thinking they will stop for last year's fellowship, since the thread was created in feb 2018!
Turpentine wrote:
Is anyone interested to get this thread back to life? I think it would be helpful to share our questions and how the next steps are moving. And as one said earlier, this forum reminds the good old times of internet! I will miss it! :|

Turpentine

Post by Turpentine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:09 am

Done! :o
Turpentine wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 am
Count me in! That's a great idea! I haven't use caramail-style forum for 20 years :) I will try to create a new thread these days, but if you or someone else wants to do it, please go ahead! I think there will be many questions coming on e.g. Take home salary, research activity allowance, what define a marital status, starting dates, ethical reviews... Etc. AND above all, that would be awesome to keep in touch on this old fashion website! :D
MSCA-IF-CAR_2018 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:13 pm
Turpentine wrote:

MSCA_IF_Chem

Post by MSCA_IF_Chem » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 am

I am at the end of my MSCA IF. In the coming weeks, I will post here a document with my experience. It will be about financial stuff. I think, this year the earliest possible day of contract is on the 1st of April. My post will be ready way earlier, beginning of March. I hope it helps.

Turpentine

Post by Turpentine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience!! That's really nice of you! If you don't mind, could you post in the thread dedicated to the new recipients? :)
viewtopic.php?p=7670

Thanks a lot!
MSCA_IF_Chem wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 am
I am at the end of my MSCA IF. In the coming weeks, I will post here a document with my experience. It will be about financial stuff. I think, this year the earliest possible day of contract is on the 1st of April. My post will be ready way earlier, beginning of March. I hope it helps.

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Got a Marie-Curie Grant? There's a new thread for you!
Turpentine has created a new thread for successful applications for the last call. Consequently, I've locked this thread.

Please post in the new thread instead: viewtopic.php?p=7670

See you there!