2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

AdinaBabesh

Re: Next steps after acceptance

Post by AdinaBabesh » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm

Congratulations! I have been informed that the host institution takes care of everything and they will contact you if they need anything from your end. There is another thread on MSCA awardees, maybe we should discuss these issues there.
pimas wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:21 am
Hi all, my proposal was successful but it is not clear to me what are the next steps to be taken. There is a grant agreement to sign, but it should be done by the host institution or by myself? Do I need to get in contact with someone, and if yes, how can I find her/his contact? Thanks for the help!

Anais

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Anais » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:07 pm

EMTRA wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:44 am
Hi I am new on this forum. I am one of those who have not managed to get it. What is weird in my case is that I received extremely positive comments on my potential, institution, supervision quality, knowledge transfer, originality of the project, interdisciplinary dimension, communication strategies, etck. and they insisted on the 'not sufficiently realistic dissemination strategy' (only 4.5 in Impact criterion only for this weakness) and found two three weak points concerning the data (I did not mention the number of words....) and the approaches to use . Points that they purposefully foregrounded. My supervisor is a pioneer in the field and a leading figure (about 10 000 citations) and they contested our methodology... I don't know if this is due to Brexit or to the evaluators' ignorance. Has anyone else here collaborated with an UK university?
Hey and I am sorry you didn't get it. Reviewer reports have always been a contested issue. If you look at last year's and precious years forum chats you will find plenty of similar examples. You can't really appeal the results on the grounds of "ignorance" on the part of the reviewers but some people were thinking of drafting some kind of a complaint letter to the EC highlighting most egregious reviewer errors and bringing it to the attention of the grant management. Maybe someone will finally do it this year as the review system definitely needs improvement.

panamanianmoon

Post by panamanianmoon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Does someone know how the reserve list works? i.e. do they redistribute all the withdrawn fellowships among all the panels or someone from your own panel must fail so that reserve list moves upwards?

EMTRA

Post by EMTRA » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:23 pm

Anais wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:07 pm
EMTRA wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:44 am
Hi I am new on this forum. I am one of those who have not managed to get it. What is weird in my case is that I received extremely positive comments on my potential, institution, supervision quality, knowledge transfer, originality of the project, interdisciplinary dimension, communication strategies, etc. and they insisted on the 'not sufficiently realistic dissemination strategy' (only 4.5 in Impact criterion only for this weakness) and found two three weak points concerning the data (I did not mention the number of words....) and the approaches to use . Points that they purposefully foregrounded. My supervisor is a pioneer in the field and a leading figure (about 10 000 citations) and they contested our methodology... I don't know if this is due to Brexit or to the evaluators' ignorance. Has anyone else here collaborated with an UK university?
Hey and I am sorry you didn't get it. Reviewer reports have always been a contested issue. If you look at last year's and precious years forum chats you will find plenty of similar examples. You can't really appeal the results on the grounds of "ignorance" on the part of the reviewers but some people were thinking of drafting some kind of a complaint letter to the EC highlighting most egregious reviewer errors and bringing it to the attention of the grant management. Maybe someone will finally do it this year as the review system definitely needs improvement.
Many thanks for your reply. I think I will write a letter to the EC.

MSCA-newbie

Post by MSCA-newbie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:35 am
does anybody know if it is possible to alter the starting date of the funding?
my situation is that i will know in 2-3 months if i get a starting funding of 9 months that i could use before msca start, but i have to give a starting date for msca now. can it be changed or is there any way of handling this?
You have till May to agree and you can start in September 2021 the latest. But agreement should be confirmed by May.

BeaSaletti

Post by BeaSaletti » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm

Please anybody can explain me how to find the list of the funded project and reserve list?? I got a SOC 91,4 score, I am desperate....

Anais

Post by Anais » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi,

You can't get the list, it's confidential information. But you can contact your host country's NCP for your place on the reserve list. I am also SOC with a score of 92 and I am 42nd on the reserve list. You and I won't be funded this year, unfortunately.
BeaSaletti wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm
Please anybody can explain me how to find the list of the funded project and reserve list?? I got a SOC 91,4 score, I am desperate....

happyOne

Post by happyOne » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:39 pm

AdinaBabesh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm
Congratulations! I have been informed that the host institution takes care of everything and they will contact you if they need anything from your end. There is another thread on MSCA awardees, maybe we should discuss these issues there.
pimas wrote:
Hi all, my proposal was successful but it is not clear to me what are the next steps to be taken. There is a grant agreement to sign, but it should be done by the host institution or by myself? Do I need to get in contact with someone, and if yes, how can I find her/his contact? Thanks for the help!
Hello, I got 93.2 SOC and funded. I'm a happyOne! I'm new here and I'm also interested in knowing about my next steps. . Could not find this MSCA awardees - the only one I found is from MSCA awardess 2019 and it seems very "empty".

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:29 pm

You’d have to be based at the company from what I understand, but if you have an ongoing collaboration with them, or have already proposed one, they’d most likely be happy to have effectively a “free” researcher working for them. You could still maintain your collaborative links with your university for the project. Definitely something you should think about. There is much less competition in SE. something like 27% of eligible proposals were funded this year.
Trufflethor wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:59 am
Thanks for the Tip, could've strategized better ;). Is it obligatory to spend most of the time on the company premises though?

Cheers
Robrad30 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:05 pm
If you are thinking of reapplying next year, maybe consider applying to the SE panel and do your placement at the company? You absolutely would get it with a score of 88 in SE. sorry to hear you didn’t get it this time round though.
Trufflethor wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:28 am
Hey guys,

just got my rejection (MSCA-IF-EF-ST - score - 88). I gotta say, most comments are quite general, of the sorts I have read before here, conerning targeted publication number too high or dissemination not properly defined, which is fine.

What I am sure though cost me the grant was the excellenece (4.20), since I purposefully stayed vague since we work together with a company that do not want to reveal exactly the idea, and some parts not being exactly identified was picked up. Kinda set us up for failure there ;).

Anyway, cheers and I guess thanks for the conjunct suffering.

Cheers!

AdinaBabesh

Post by AdinaBabesh » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Well, we've just been awarded the Msca so is kind of normal to be empty, didn't have time to grow ...
happyOne wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:39 pm
AdinaBabesh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm
pimas wrote:
Hello, I got 93.2 SOC and funded. I'm a happyOne! I'm new here and I'm also interested in knowing about my next steps. . Could not find this MSCA awardees - the only one I found is from MSCA awardess 2019 and it seems very "empty".