Re: MSCA-IF awardees in 2019 and academics networking

Post by Shapovalov » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:38 pm

Kranthi Maniam wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:29 am
Shapovalov wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 am
I'm still waiting for the GA :?
Hope you received the GA

Thanks. Yes, I did receive the GA. Finally.
Seems like there are still a few people who haven't. The funded projects list is almost 200 projects short. With the deadline for signing being mid next month, I expect everyone will get the GA for signing by the end of the month.

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:08 am

Hi all,

Has anyone’s project actually paid out yet? The “paid” point on my progress bar in the portal is still hollow and the line itself is still blue.

I hope you’re all keeping safe and staying sane.

Marjan

Post by Marjan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:50 am

Robrad30 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:08 am
Hi all,

Has anyone’s project actually paid out yet? The “paid” point on my progress bar in the portal is still hollow and the line itself is still blue.

Hi, same situation. Have you selected "the project start date"? I haven't yet and the line is yellow.

Kranthi Maniam

Post by Kranthi Maniam » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:57 am

Shapovalov wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:38 pm
Kranthi Maniam wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:29 am
Shapovalov wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 am
I'm still waiting for the GA :?
Hope you received the GA

Thanks. Yes, I did receive the GA. Finally.
Seems like there are still a few people who haven't. The funded projects list is almost 200 projects short. With the deadline for signing being mid next month, I expect everyone will get the GA for signing by the end of the month.
Excellent.
i think by mid of next month, I expect everyone will get their GA's signed. They might also give some flexibility by extending the deadline considering the situation.

Kranthi Maniam

Post by Kranthi Maniam » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:59 am

Marjan wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:50 am
Robrad30 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:08 am
Hi all,

Hi, same situation. Have you selected "the project start date"? I haven't yet and the line is yellow.
Same thing with me. I have informed my University about the project start date . They have not updated it yet and the line is yellow.

MaryGrace

Post by MaryGrace » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi everyone!

Is there anyone who wasn't able to start the MSCA project at the host institution due to Coronavirus travel restrictions?
How did the European Commission or the host institution deal with it?

I'm exploring the possibility to start my project in my country of origin but I don't know if it is possible...
Is there anyone who has information about it?

Marjan

Post by Marjan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:31 pm

I have also same situation. The host understands the situation completely. About the EC, I believe they understand too, this is a global issue! However, we legally have one year to start. I am also thinking to start the project from my country, but I still haven't discussed with my supervisor about it.

Kranthi Maniam

Post by Kranthi Maniam » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Marjan wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:31 pm
I have also same situation. The host understands the situation completely. About the EC, I believe they understand too, this is a global issue! However, we legally have one year to start. I am also thinking to start the project from my country, but I still haven't discussed with my supervisor about it.
I hope situation would become better in the next few months. Since we have legally one year ,I think situation gets better by that time

MaryGrace

Post by MaryGrace » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:33 pm

I also hope that the situation becomes better soon.

I'm exploring the possibility to start my project in my country of origin because, unfortunately, my current employment contract is expiring.

Does anyone know if it is possible to start the project via teleworking and to move in the country of the host istitution later, when it will be allowed?

Shapovalov

Post by Shapovalov » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:24 pm

Starting from your home country (or whichever country you are presently in) should not be an issue. Just ask your contact person at the host institute.

I don't see why the EC should have a problem with it, or why they are even involved in this decision. Your work contract is between your HI and you. It's only your HI that has to agree.

My HI offered me the possibility of starting remotely. However, I was always planning on a late starting date, so it (hopefully) is not relevant for me.