2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

tahir

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by tahir » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:42 pm

MC2020CAR wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:10 pm
Hi everyone... I have a last minute very silly question, but being on a Sunday I will throw it in here. When the beneficiary organisation is a Museum Foundation does it count as an academic organisation or not?
Thanks everyone!
I am not sure about that but please follow below link. It is a successful MSCA proposal based using Museum as organization. Hope this will help :)
https://www.academia.edu/39012077/Succe ... h_Comments

jdb

Post by jdb » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:40 pm

I am resubmitting my proposal from last year and have a question: I got reserve list last year, and I see that we are not supposed to include our evaluation results in the application- evaluators will be instructed to ignore it if it is in there. Does this include the CV? I.e., can I include that I got seal of excellence and MSCA reserve list on my CV under awards? I suspect the answer is "no", but I wondered if anyone had any experience?

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!

grantguy

Post by grantguy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:09 pm

a couple specific questios about resubmissions, maybe someone with experience can help me:

1. even if only the supervisor is changed, but host and research topic stays the same, it is not a resubmission, right?

2. for resubmissions, could the evaluators be the same as last year, or will there be new ones?

3. I have the option to change the supervisor or leave it the same, in which case it counts as a resubmission.
Where do you think I have higher chances?
I would think that with a resubmission the chances are lower.

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 am

grantguy wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:09 pm
a couple specific questios about resubmissions, maybe someone with experience can help me:

1. even if only the supervisor is changed, but host and research topic stays the same, it is not a resubmission, right?

2. for resubmissions, could the evaluators be the same as last year, or will there be new ones?

3. I have the option to change the supervisor or leave it the same, in which case it counts as a resubmission.
1. That is correct
2. They could, but it would be incredibly unlikely. They are usually new evaluators.
3. No one knows the answer to that. We've seen resubmissions get the grant and others lose a ton of points.

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 am

jdb wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:40 pm
I am resubmitting my proposal from last year and have a question: I got reserve list last year, and I see that we are not supposed to include our evaluation results in the application- evaluators will be instructed to ignore it if it is in there. Does this include the CV? I.e., can I include that I got seal of excellence and MSCA reserve list on my CV under awards? I suspect the answer is "no", but I wondered if anyone had any experience?

Most people around here have included the Seal of Excellence on their CV and no one mentioned a negative comment about it...

Bloom

Post by Bloom » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:30 am

Dear collegues,
I have just submitted my proposal.
Filling the administrative part, they asked me to flag if I had already submitted a similar proposal etc... I flagged "yes", so the form asked me to indicate the "number of contract". What are they referring to? The number of contract???
Thanks

Wolvy_18

Post by Wolvy_18 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:18 am

Bloom wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:30 am
Dear collegues,
Filling the administrative part, they asked me to flag if I had already submitted a similar proposal etc... I flagged "yes", so the form asked me to indicate the "number of contract". What are they referring to? The number of contract???
Thanks
I put up my previous proposal ID. I did the same last year.

Bloom

Post by Bloom » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 am

Wolvy_18 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:18 am
Bloom wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:30 am
Dear collegues,
Thanks
I put up my previous proposal ID. I did the same last year.
Thanks! I will do the same.
Good luck to all

AdinaBabesh

Post by AdinaBabesh » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:34 am

I strongly advice you to consult the H2020 Guide for Applicants for MSCA 2020. There are clear indications about re submission there. Also please consult your NCP and host institution on this matter.

For examples, last year I have applied with the same research topic and host institution. I have had my supervisor changed, and my application did not qualify as a resubmission.

Good luck!

[/quote]

1. That is correct
2. They could, but it would be incredibly unlikely. They are usually new evaluators.
3. No one knows the answer to that. We've seen resubmissions get the grant and others lose a ton of points.
[/quote]

jdb

Post by jdb » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks!!
CountZ wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 am
jdb wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Most people around here have included the Seal of Excellence on their CV and no one mentioned a negative comment about it...