MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

moedimani1

Re: MSCA funded from RESERVE LIST

Post by moedimani1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:10 pm

I just heard from the Italian NCP that

every panel has its own reserve list - and only when somebody from panel X refuses the fellowship, someone from the reserve list of panel X will be contacted for signing the grant agreement. There is no cross-over panel reserve list exchange or whatsoever.

That is also the reason why there is no same date for everybody on the reserve list within the same panel and of course not for all reserve lists of all panels together

Post by 2021 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:20 pm

moedimani1 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:10 pm

every panel has its own reserve list - and only when somebody from panel X refuses the fellowship, someone from the reserve list of panel X will be contacted for signing the grant agreement. There is no cross-over panel reserve list exchange or whatsoever.

That is also the reason why there is no same date for everybody on the reserve list within the same panel and of course not for all reserve lists of all panels together
NCP's are giving different reply. Just assume if there is no cross over among panels. Then, why there should be meeting in May before sending mail to reserve list candidates? Any hope for RI Ranked-12???

jdm

Post by jdm » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:18 pm

moedimani1 wrote:

Thanks for sharing! My HI is also in Italy. A curiosity: how quickly did NCP replied? I wrote them this morning but no reply so far. What you wrote is pretty sad news for me even if I am the first on GF-ECO reserve list. There were only 4 fellowship awarded and chances that one of those 4 recipients turn down the fellowship are very slim.

MSCA-IF

Post by MSCA-IF » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:05 pm

moedimani1 wrote:

Thanks for sharing! This makes the most sense to me! Perhaps additionally when more money is available (not due to dropouts) then that is distributed as per how it is for main call.

MSCA-IF

Post by MSCA-IF » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:06 pm

2021 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:20 pm
moedimani1 wrote:

NCP's are giving different reply. Just assume if there is no cross over among panels. Then, why there should be meeting in May before sending mail to reserve list candidates? Any hope for RI Ranked-12???
I reckon dropouts are different from extra fund available. Perhaps additionally when more money is available (not due to dropouts) then that is distributed as per how it is for main call as your NCP mentioned but otherwise wouldnt make sense that money from dropouts gets distributed per main call, would just be logistically very difficult.

moedimani1

Post by moedimani1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi, I wrote them this morning and they replied around lunch time.

jdm wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:18 pm
moedimani1 wrote:

Thanks for sharing! My HI is also in Italy. A curiosity: how quickly did NCP replied? I wrote them this morning but no reply so far. What you wrote is pretty sad news for me even if I am the first on GF-ECO reserve list. There were only 4 fellowship awarded and chances that one of those 4 recipients turn down the fellowship are very slim.

Post by 2021 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 pm

moedimani1 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:26 pm
Hi, I wrote them this morning and they replied around lunch time.

jdm wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:18 pm
moedimani1 wrote:

If we believe this way of selection from reserve list, there must be none from reserve list GF-panel as dropdown is very unlikely. Candidates from the top of reserve list will also go for widening fellowship (WP). More available funds by summer. Thus, its not difficult to predict. Based on, all calculations and available information 163 more funding for reserve list is going to be created for all panels by combine effect of Dropout and extra fund. More extra fund because its last year of H2020 and termination of previous year fellowship.

Post by 2021 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:22 pm

Anyone for 0.2 less than cutoff, got invitation to sign Grant???

MSCA-IF

Post by MSCA-IF » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:36 pm

2021 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:22 pm
Anyone for 0.2 less than cutoff, got invitation to sign Grant???
It is not really about the points but more where you are on the list, several people can have the same score and they rank based on the score for the "Excellence" section.

Post by 2021 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:54 pm

If higher ranked proposals drop out or additional funding becomes available). In this case,
we would contact you and invite you for grant preparation.

This is statement of letter received for reserve list. This means, drop-out is panel specific and extra fund will distributed as per main funds.