2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Research-enthu

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Research-enthu » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:54 pm

UKR wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:45 pm
I wrote the author to know the situation but no response yet.
Research-enthu wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:43 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:32 pm

It is a closed group, and I don't have FB, can somebody take a look over there and bring us some info about this? When was it?
It may not be related to this year's fellowship. Because according to that person, they have 6 months deadline to upload this. Last year, candidates were given only 2 weeks (approx.) to address the ethics. I may be wrong also!
Oh ok, thanks. I read their previous posts on the group and seems that they got the fellowship in 2020 call

alherpo

Post by alherpo » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:56 pm

I have to write a grant application and I can only think about the MSCA, this forum and the phases :? :? :?

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Are some of you guys realy bothering people from the NCP?? I don't think they are overworked anyway but.... They are not going to give out confidential information. And I think they do not have the results yet since people are still moving from submission to ranking. And there is no way that host got the info before us.

I was laughing when I saw someone post from yesterday, saying that host should know before in order to prepare an ad on Twitter! It is not an ERC! Most of the people from the host institute will not be aware of your arrival!!! :lol: :lol:

UKR

Post by UKR » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:03 pm

Host will be informed at the same candidate get the email. But NCP gets the results earlier not sure how many days. NCP is not part of the University and they the national point contacts.
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:00 pm
Are some of you guys realy bothering people from the NCP?? I don't think they are overworked anyway but.... They are not going to give out confidential information. And I think they do not have the results yet since people are still moving from submission to ranking. And there is no way that host got the info before us.

I was laughing when I saw someone post from yesterday, saying that host should know before in order to prepare an ad on Twitter! It is not an ERC! Most of the people from the host institute will not be aware of your arrival!!! :lol: :lol:

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:06 pm

UKR wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:03 pm
Host will be informed at the same candidate get the email. But NCP gets the results earlier not sure how many days. NCP is not part of the University and they the national point contacts.
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:

I know NCP is different from host institution.
NCPs are maybe getting results before us. But it is a confidential information. No need to ask or phone them.

UKR

Post by UKR » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:11 pm

No need to disturb them, they will not share. Only Dreamer could get and did not say how he could convince the NCP to break the rules.
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:06 pm
UKR wrote:
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:

NCPs are maybe getting results before us. But it is a confidential information. No need to ask or phone them.

sparklingabc

Post by sparklingabc » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:14 pm

Just a side question. Do they take the number of publications into account when giving a score? For example, for an applicant with a couple of years of post-doc experience, are there instances of people having less than 5 publications getting funded or instances of people with more than 25 publications getting rejected with very low scores?

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:14 pm

MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:06 pm
UKR wrote:
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:

I agree with you that no need to ask or phone them BUT for now because it's quite early. The leaks from last years were always via NCPs. Thus, a lot of people got a notification from their host that they won.. For big countries, no-one gives a shit but for small countries or institutes, it is important to have MSCA fellows and get more than 1 or 2 in a year

UKR

Post by UKR » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:16 pm

Only the reviewers are decision makers. Number of papers and years of experience will not help if it is not justified in the proposal in the section for two way transfer of knowledge.
sparklingabc wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:14 pm
Just a side question. Do they take the number of publications into account when giving a score? For example, for an applicant with a couple of years of post-doc experience, are there instances of people having less than 5 publications getting funded or instances of people with more than 25 publications getting rejected with very low scores?

dw2022

Post by dw2022 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:37 pm

sparklingabc wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:14 pm
I read one document of evaluation criteria for reviewers saying that applicants can be punished if reviewers think the track record of applicants does not match with their career stage.

In the previous year post, I also read a person failed with several first-author papers in top-journals.