2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

alherpo

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by alherpo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:46 pm

paros wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:31 pm
We are waitinf for something after 11:59? :)
Now I cannot go to sleep in peace :( :(
Last edited by alherpo on Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleek_IF

Post by Sleek_IF » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:46 pm

anonymous_insider wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:37 pm
horizon wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:45 pm
anonymous_insider wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:28 pm
All,
I've been lurking all day, and eventually I have decided to register, because I felt compelled of reassuring to please take your time off from this OCD deep-digging into things. I am myself an applicant of several EU calls, I've been awarded an MSCA-IF twice in a row, and I've also served as remote evaluator (hence, my username). I am now longing for this call's results (like all of you are), because I have submitted a fellowship as prospective supervisor (primary host) of a very promising post-doc.
I have checked the famous magic link with my former accepted and rejected proposals, and I can tell you that the 'ranking' keyword means nothing but 'the IERs have been collected, we are now ranking the proposals'. Nothing more than that. Hence, it's not a reason to hope nor fear that the proposal is funded or rejected, respectively.
Just to clarify, one of my rejected proposals (another call type) is now in 'informed' status. So, unless we can get the user ID and pw of the evaluators of our proposals or even of some 'higher entity', I'm afraid there is no way to get to know in advance. Unless of a leak... Actually, in my experience, the ESR will arrive when you least expect it... Maybe while having your s**t in the morning... :mrgreen:
Are you saying that in the past years when you had applied and got the MSCA or got rejected, you followed the so called 'magic link'?
This is the first time I get to know of the 'magic link' (I wish I knew of it before...). But I've always been trying to hack the back-end of the EU website... Of course, to no avail. What I am saying, as a former evaluator, is that once the evaluation starts, proposals may be set to the 'ranking' status at any time.
On a side note: I have also tried to modify the 'magic link' to adapt it to what an evaluator might see in their browser's address bar, and I was denied access.
But I can tell you that during an evaluation so many things can go wrong: (1) remote experts withdrawing for whatever reason; (2) remote experts being revoked because of emerging conflicts of interest... I've been in both places as a remote evaluator. And these things definitely delay the evaluation process significantly.
But all in all I feel so ugh! As a remote evaluator myself, I now understand the hurdles. And TRUST ME they are SO MANY. But as an applicant, I still keep thinking 'what the f**k are they doing?'
I am a bit curious. Please what qualifies one to be an evaluator/reviewer? Can someone who gets funded be invited to be one? If yes, how does one receive the invite?

XmendeleievX

Post by XmendeleievX » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:49 pm

NCP wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:46 pm
anonymous_insider wrote:
horizon wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:45 pm

Are you saying that in the past years when you had applied and got the MSCA or got rejected, you followed the so called 'magic link'?
This is the first time I get to know of the 'magic link' (I wish I knew of it before...). But I've always been trying to hack the back-end of the EU website... Of course, to no avail. What I am saying, as a former evaluator, is that once the evaluation starts, proposals may be set to the 'ranking' status at any time.
On a side note: I have also tried to modify the 'magic link' to adapt it to what an evaluator might see in their browser's address bar, and I was denied access.
But I can tell you that during an evaluation so many things can go wrong: (1) remote experts withdrawing for whatever reason; (2) remote experts being revoked because of emerging conflicts of interest... I've been in both places as a remote evaluator. And these things definitely delay the evaluation process significantly.
But all in all I feel so ugh! As a remote evaluator myself, I now understand the hurdles. And TRUST ME they are SO MANY. But as an applicant, I still keep thinking 'what the f**k are they doing?'
I think the issue is that some of us had our status changed to Evaluation since March 1 with no update while others moved rapidly to Rankingwhich leaves the EVALUATION team wondering whether to give up already and keep a little % of hope alive
It is totally normal to feel that way. I got into ranking the 2nd of March and I keep wondering if that means that I am out. The ones who ranking the 1st will wonder if the fact that they did it so early on, and they are so many, means that they are out. The fact is that we do not know the meaning, and that in previous years people who got ranking very early on got it, also people who got it later, etc. I think at this stage only someone from inside could tell us. Or else if we gather enough information that allows to establish causality after we get the results the next batch might benefit from all this madness.

UKR

Post by UKR » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:53 pm

Hey, just relax. From Friday afternoon the letters will start coming to you. Tonight just sleep well.

dw2022

Post by dw2022 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:56 pm

UKR wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:53 pm
Hey, just relax. From Friday afternoon the letters will start coming to you. Tonight just sleep well.
do you get the info of timing from your NPC? :o

NCP

Post by NCP » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:01 pm

XmendeleievX wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:49 pm
NCP wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:46 pm
anonymous_insider wrote:

I think the issue is that some of us had our status changed to Evaluation since March 1 with no update while others moved rapidly to Rankingwhich leaves the EVALUATION team wondering whether to give up already and keep a little % of hope alive
It is totally normal to feel that way. I got into ranking the 2nd of March and I keep wondering if that means that I am out. The ones who ranking the 1st will wonder if the fact that they did it so early on, and they are so many, means that they are out. The fact is that we do not know the meaning, and that in previous years people who got ranking very early on got it, also people who got it later, etc. I think at this stage only someone from inside could tell us. Or else if we gather enough information that allows to establish causality after we get the results the next batch might benefit from all this madness.
From all indices so far, RANKING means you scaled the first hurdle and are in competition with others for the money.

UKR

Post by UKR » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:04 pm

The NCP said not yet have the results. So it means still time to wait a little bit more. They get the results few days ahead of the announcement.
dw2022 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:56 pm
UKR wrote:

NCP

Post by NCP » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:11 pm

my biggest achievement today is not checking the EU portal and instead refreshing this page :D I'm convinced I'll see it here first when the results are ready :idea:

4degrees

Post by 4degrees » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:19 pm

UKR wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:04 pm
The NCP said not yet have the results. So it means still time to wait a little bit more. They get the results few days ahead of the announcement.
dw2022 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:56 pm
UKR wrote:
If the NCPs get the results a couple of days head of the announcement, and they still don't have the results yet, then we're not going to get the letters from Friday afternoon, are we? Unless you mean Friday 11th?

alherpo

Post by alherpo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:48 pm

Anybody nervous about 23:59pm of today??? :lol: :lol: