2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

UKR

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by UKR » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:30 pm

I agree with you. All done up to end of Jan. But for some of the proposals that they did not have a common conclusion they invited new reviewer(s). That will cause a little delay but not much. Because all the evaluators are given limited days to review.
KathyHappy wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:25 pm
anonymous_insider wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:41 pm
Anxiety wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been following this topic for the last weeks. Although it was nice to see my own concerns in others, I am a little bit regretted having found this forum :lol: . I was quite confident of my proposal: I received very good feedback from my NPC, from other reviewers and from people from my cluster who were funded. However, after reading the whole theory about ranked/evaluation and checking the status of my phase, I am morally devastated. My proposal is still in "evaluation" and I cannot deal with the idea of not passing the threshold after all the work...

Good luck to everyone!!
Courage! From the screenshot that KathyHappy posted (p. 162), I have the idea that 'evaluation' means that the ESR is not complete yet, because not all IERs have been received (or who knows?), whereas 'ranking' means that the proposal has been ranked (positively or negatively) in the sense that it's been assigned a ranking position (whatever it is).
I might be totally wrong though...
But still, courage!!!

I don't know which programme you served as an evaluator (no offense) but based on the online manual (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/funding-te ... on+results), the evaluation process is including:
  • Individual evaluation (three or five evaluators give IER individually, in our case, I suppose it is three)
  • Consensus group (all evaluators get together to make a co-determination)
  • Panel review (the panel / supervisor takes over)
  • (Prospective) interviews / hearings, depending on calls (in our case, probably no such thing)
A scenario that you are always talking about is that not gathering all IERs may cause unpleasant delay, which I totally agree but it should take place before the "consensus group" and happen long ago, since we have already reached the final ranking phase, based on the outcome of evaluation

EF-LIF-2021

Post by EF-LIF-2021 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:31 pm

evantsa wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:28 pm
I contacted a third Greek NCP, who told me to call the "National Expert"(I did not know there was such a role for MSCA). I called her and she told me she already has the results, but she is not allowed to tell me...She also believes we will get the results this week... call your NCPs or National Expert....
I´m shocked...

UKR

Post by UKR » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:32 pm

Enjoy then.
evantsa wrote:
I contacted a third Greek NCP, who told me to call the "National Expert"(I did not know there was such a role for MSCA). I called her and she told me she already has the results, but she is not allowed to tell me...She also believes we will get the results this week... call your NCPs or National Expert....

Taha2021

Post by Taha2021 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:33 pm

evantsa wrote:
OMG!! She has the results!! 😱😱😱😱😱
I am going to faint XD

KathyHappy

Post by KathyHappy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:33 pm

UKR wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:30 pm
I agree with you. All done up to end of Jan. But for some of the proposals that they did not have a common conclusion they invited new reviewer(s). That will cause a little delay but not much. Because all the evaluators are given limited days to review.
KathyHappy wrote:
anonymous_insider wrote:

Courage! From the screenshot that KathyHappy posted (p. 162), I have the idea that 'evaluation' means that the ESR is not complete yet, because not all IERs have been received (or who knows?), whereas 'ranking' means that the proposal has been ranked (positively or negatively) in the sense that it's been assigned a ranking position (whatever it is).
But still, courage!!!

I don't know which programme you served as an evaluator (no offense) but based on the online manual (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/funding-te ... on+results), the evaluation process is including:
  • Individual evaluation (three or five evaluators give IER individually, in our case, I suppose it is three)
  • (Prospective) interviews / hearings, depending on calls (in our case, probably no such thing)
A scenario that you are always talking about is that not gathering all IERs may cause unpleasant delay, which I totally agree but it should take place before the "consensus group" and happen long ago, since we have already reached the final ranking phase, based on the outcome of evaluation
Yes that makes sense, I agree with you

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:35 pm

KathyHappy wrote:
anonymous_insider wrote:
Anxiety wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been following this topic for the last weeks. Although it was nice to see my own concerns in others, I am a little bit regretted having found this forum :lol: . I was quite confident of my proposal: I received very good feedback from my NPC, from other reviewers and from people from my cluster who were funded. However, after reading the whole theory about ranked/evaluation and checking the status of my phase, I am morally devastated. My proposal is still in "evaluation" and I cannot deal with the idea of not passing the threshold after all the work...

Good luck to everyone!!
But still, courage!!!

No offense, no worries, why should I take offense? ;)
The evaluation structure is basically the same for each project, like you indeed listed (with prospective interview in 2-stage calls).
I just figured that anything may happen, and the consensus panel can't meet until all the IERs are ready. But if everyone is in 'ranking' phase now, I assume that the evaluation process is complete. And if the phase is not correlated to the panel, then I am confused :roll:
I honestly would love to know what happens in the background of the website. The famous link may be indicative of the current status, but since we don't know the nuts and bolts of the website, we can only speculate about it.
Also, it happened that the ESRs were released later than the date stated in the portal. Likely, there were issues we can't know of. And I know from other friends who served as evaluator that there have been major issues in the past (for other calls), for which the EC was very late.
I hope it's not the case for this MSCA :)
On a side note: shouldn't there be the ethics assessment after the ESR have been collated, before they are sent out?

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm

evantsa wrote:
:o
Hope she gave you your results, even if you cannot share with us yet.

Taha2021

Post by Taha2021 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:40 pm

evantsa wrote:
Did she mention when she got the results?

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:40 pm

MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm
evantsa wrote:
Now National Experts will receive too many e-mails? Should I ask mine as I have good relations with him?
No, I prefer to stay in the waiting room with you guys.

UKR

Post by UKR » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:40 pm

The NCP here refused having the results and said will contact the Greece one to know.
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm
evantsa wrote: