2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

dramaQueen90

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by dramaQueen90 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:17 am

GF_SOC
100% yay! I wasn't expected that! YAAAAY!!! No weakness, just strenght!
I received two emails: one at 4.30 am and the second one at 5.30 am.
It was my second attempt. In the first one I got 84. I proposed the same project, changing host and adding all the suggestions of last year. Keep trying, and you'll get it! Congrats to all of us, winners and not. Thanks to this group, it has been so helpful!
Suggestion: ask to more than one person to read your project, it is really helpful.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 am

ririanna wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:16 am
Okay finally got into the portal to check the score.

EF-SOC
96.80%
4.8/4.8/5.0

Ranked 1st March

Some background for context: my first time applying. I was a "late" applicant - spent about 2 months on the proposal with helpful feedback from supervisor (gave feedback twice on the content) and research advisor (gave feedback about 4 times on the technical aspects of the proposal like language, style, form, etc.) from host institution.

I've never done a postdoc before and I really only have 1 published paper on this particular field (a few are in preparation and I mentioned this in my CV). I have a few from my PhD a few years ago but that was on a different field.

A little surprised that what I thought were weaknesses in the proposal weren't picked on. Other more minor issues were raised.

Anyway, all this to say that it really is a lottery! I can tell that I got lucky with the evaluators that happened to like my project.

Wishing the best for everyone going forward!
Congratulations! I'm also in SOC - 93.2, reserve list. I'm really curious to know what the cut off score was this year.

evantsa

Post by evantsa » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:21 am

jvi wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:00 am
evantsa wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:56 am
I got 94.4 GF-ENV. No email yet... anybody else from GF-ENV?
I am. Score 100%. Still waiting for emails/invitation. More than 2 hours.
Congratulations! Anyone else from GF-ENV? I do not know if 94.4 is enough to get funded...

skm

Post by skm » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:25 am

Spain-1 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:19 am
Does anybody know if it is possible to claim another revision? I am devasted. Last year I get 91.4%. I have improved my proposal and everything in my evaluation is good. Only few points of weakness very absurds. I have recieved 71% this year with the improved proposal. Without the Seal of excellent, evidently
the letter i received says, we can only ask for review on procedural aspects of evaluation but not merit of proposal. not sure if this includes challenging the score. but as its re-submission and the evaluation does not have weaknesses/(less) may be you can write to this link below:
copying what they given in the letter.

You may request an evaluation review on the procedural aspects of the evaluation (not the merits
of your proposal). This request must be submitted by the coordinator via the following link:
https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/redress-fr ... work.iface — within 30 days after receiving this letter.

sweepytoo

Post by sweepytoo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:29 am

skm wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:25 am
Spain-1 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:19 am
Does anybody know if it is possible to claim another revision? I am devasted. Last year I get 91.4%. I have improved my proposal and everything in my evaluation is good. Only few points of weakness very absurds. I have recieved 71% this year with the improved proposal. Without the Seal of excellent, evidently
the letter i received says, we can only ask for review on procedural aspects of evaluation but not merit of proposal. not sure if this includes challenging the score. but as its re-submission and the evaluation does not have weaknesses/(less) may be you can write to this link below:
copying what they given in the letter.

You may request an evaluation review on the procedural aspects of the evaluation (not the merits
of your proposal). This request must be submitted by the coordinator via the following link:
https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/redress-fr ... work.iface — within 30 days after receiving this letter.
No, you cannot ask for a reconsideration of the evaluation or the score, only the general procedure.
I also did receive very absurd points of weakness ... but apparently it was sufficient to reduce my rating compared to the same project of last year. My guess: if you resubmitt next year, do not change anything and do not account for the reviewer's comments, it's just a lottery and some new reviewers may find the present version excellent.

skm

Post by skm » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:31 am

dramaQueen90 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:17 am
GF_SOC
100% yay! I wasn't expected that! YAAAAY!!! No weakness, just strenght!
I received two emails: one at 4.30 am and the second one at 5.30 am.
It was my second attempt. In the first one I got 84. I proposed the same project, changing host and adding all the suggestions of last year. Keep trying, and you'll get it! Congrats to all of us, winners and not. Thanks to this group, it has been so helpful!
Suggestion: ask to more than one person to read your project, it is really helpful.
Excellent. You are really a Queen now!!! :P
but tell me how could you change the host with same project? i mean, and what i understood, the host supervisor should advertise a opening and should match your field of research. So, in my case (not successful only 76.6%) i saw an opening by a Professor, in the same field and especially for MSCA. So, does finding different host in same area isnt difficult?

iceman1991

Post by iceman1991 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am

youcancallmeadreamer wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:32 am
iceman1991 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:17 am
What? My application was rejected on a technicality:

"Researcher does not comply with the mobility rule: they have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the
beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline"

However, I started working where I applied for the grant only 11 months before the call deadline.

Honestly this is worse than recieving a bad score, since I worked so hard on the application and now I don't know how I would have even scored...
WOW so frustrating! So sorry for you.... is there anything you can do? You accomplished the criteria, so it is their error…. They should fix it!!! I am very sorry…
Yeah, we are going to challenge, but I am pessimistic. The grading is so subjective, that they will probably just find any excuse not to fund....

I feel like eligibility issues should be notified much earlier to allow challenges before the evaluation period is over.

sweepytoo

Post by sweepytoo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:34 am

iceman1991 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 am
youcancallmeadreamer wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:32 am
iceman1991 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:17 am
What? My application was rejected on a technicality:

"Researcher does not comply with the mobility rule: they have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the
beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline"

However, I started working where I applied for the grant only 11 months before the call deadline.

Honestly this is worse than recieving a bad score, since I worked so hard on the application and now I don't know how I would have even scored...
WOW so frustrating! So sorry for you.... is there anything you can do? You accomplished the criteria, so it is their error…. They should fix it!!! I am very sorry…
Yeah, we are going to challenge, but I am pessimistic. The grading is so subjective, that they will probably just find any excuse not to fund....

I feel like eligibility issues should be notified much earlier to allow challenges before the evaluation period is over.
I am curious, how did they know that? Do they do their own research to count the number of months you have spent in each institution? I was thinking it should be based on your CV or on part A of the proposal.

Abz

Post by Abz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:36 am

Guys, I am so happy to inform you that I got the fellowship, 99/100. SOC EF, went to ranking fast on 1 March at 11.15 am.

evantsa

Post by evantsa » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:36 am

GF-ENV 94.4. No email, only evaluation report. I called my NCP and he told me cut-off is 95.8... Crazy :((