2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

hubirai

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by hubirai » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:08 pm

Last year I got 83, my implementation part receive 3.4, this year I got 75, I have not made any major changes to the other parts, just concentrated on the implementation, and implementation was 2.5! excellence dropped from 4.6 to 3.4! The number of months and the budget were wron, and the reviewers claimed that my Turkish, Russian and Chinese were intermediate. Turkish is my native language and I have a PhD in Classical Chinese literature from a Chinese university with a dissertation written in Chinese! Ok, let's put Russian and Chinese aside, how can my native tongue be intermediate, and how do they decide? Furthermore, they found not using archeology for a project on 17th-18th century Mongol diplomacy. We are not talking about neandarthals, Mongol was the lingua franca of Eurasian diplomacy by then, and definitely no need for archeology. I plan to apply for a re-evaluation, because I seriously doubt that they read my proposal, or my CV at all, just skimmed through and gave a random score. They did not even understand that the project is on diplomtic history, they cited cross-cultural exchanges and how my proposal was lacking in them. I mean you do not need a PhD in history to know that diplomacy and cultural exchange are different fields right? Do you think that I can apply for these mistakes on grounds of procedural errors since they obviously invented weaknesses that were not even about the proposal's theme? I will contact my NCP but I would also be grateful for your suggestions as well. I am not hopeful of getting the grant but I want an indiscriminate and just evaluation at this point.

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:17 pm

I will be so happy if any of winners can send me their section about 'Magnitude & importance of the project’s contribution to expected scientific, societal, & economic impacts' from private. This is the only reason why I am not funded and wondering what I did wrong..

Kevin90

Post by Kevin90 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:18 pm

hubirai wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:08 pm
Last year I got 83, my implementation part receive 3.4, this year I got 75, I have not made any major changes to the other parts, just concentrated on the implementation, and implementation was 2.5! excellence dropped from 4.6 to 3.4! The number of months and the budget were wron, and the reviewers claimed that my Turkish, Russian and Chinese were intermediate. Turkish is my native language and I have a PhD in Classical Chinese literature from a Chinese university with a dissertation written in Chinese! Ok, let's put Russian and Chinese aside, how can my native tongue be intermediate, and how do they decide? Furthermore, they found not using archeology for a project on 17th-18th century Mongol diplomacy. We are not talking about neandarthals, Mongol was the lingua franca of Eurasian diplomacy by then, and definitely no need for archeology. I plan to apply for a re-evaluation, because I seriously doubt that they read my proposal, or my CV at all, just skimmed through and gave a random score. They did not even understand that the project is on diplomtic history, they cited cross-cultural exchanges and how my proposal was lacking in them. I mean you do not need a PhD in history to know that diplomacy and cultural exchange are different fields right? Do you think that I can apply for these mistakes on grounds of procedural errors since they obviously invented weaknesses that were not even about the proposal's theme? I will contact my NCP but I would also be grateful for your suggestions as well. I am not hopeful of getting the grant but I want an indiscriminate and just evaluation at this point.
Sorry for what you have experienced.
How and where could you apply for re-evaluation?
Don't remember if anywhere state that re-evaluation is allowed. I might consider it as well.

pander21

Post by pander21 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:18 pm

Congrats to the awardees! Anybody knows what was the cutoff for panel EF-LIF (Life Sciences)?. I got total score 94% and was not funded (put on the reserve list).

sweepytoo

Post by sweepytoo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:19 pm

hubirai wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:08 pm
I am really sorry for you, and these calls can be so infuriating because they are in many ways not fair at all.

sa6shah

Post by sa6shah » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:22 pm

argy20 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:24 pm
Just to update everyone and thank you for all the information being shared here. Really helped go through this.

I got an evaluation only email this morning at 6:45 am. When accessing the portal there was also a document stating I was on the reserve list. There was also a letter there that confirmed I have received the funding as part of the ERA scheme.

My score was 92.8 in EF-ENG and am the cutoff for the ERA scheme in my panel as communicated to me through NCA.
Hi Argy
Concerning Era, and
Except the letter entitled "additional information..." which can be found in the Evaluation result letter/ Process documents,
Have you received something more?

dw2022

Post by dw2022 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:23 pm

Steminist wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:17 pm
I will be so happy if any of winners can send me their section about 'Magnitude & importance of the project’s contribution to expected scientific, societal, & economic impacts' from private. This is the only reason why I am not funded and wondering what I did wrong..
I can also send you mine. Did not get funded but got 5.0 for the Impact.

CatTaotao

Post by CatTaotao » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:24 pm

dw2022 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:23 pm
Steminist wrote:
I also have the same problem. Do you mind also send me? Many thanks!

sweepytoo

Post by sweepytoo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:29 pm

dw2022 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:23 pm
Steminist wrote:
Hi,
I would also really appreciate if you could send me what you wrote for the impact section. Last year I had 4.9 and this year it dropped to 4.6 (but i guess it's within the error margin due to the lottery system ^^)

jw@cam

Post by jw@cam » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:30 pm

pander21 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:18 pm
Congrats to the awardees! Anybody knows what was the cutoff for panel EF-LIF (Life Sciences)?. I got total score 94% and was not funded (put on the reserve list).
Not sure what exact threshold is for the panel EF-LIF, but I was informed by the NCP that I was ranked 2nd (94.4) in the panel EF-LIF reserve list.

I also want to know usually how many candidates can finally get funded in the reserve list across different panels.

I created a new thread for those in the reserve list to discuss the previous knowledge and experience, as well as communicate the current status (maybe it is too early):
http://www.talkacademia.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1208

Thanks!