2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

pybhbua

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by pybhbua » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:13 pm
pybhbua wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:10 pm
trina_80 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:49 pm

What panel were you, if you don't mind sharing?
of course, it is chemistry. but does it matters to the panel?
It did matter on previous calls... I'm not sure about this year...
I understand. what I want now is just a certificate since I already have another fellowship granted. I don't know if there is a way to ask officially :)

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:39 pm

pybhbua wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 pm
trina_80 wrote:
pybhbua wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:10 pm

of course, it is chemistry. but does it matters to the panel?
I understand. what I want now is just a certificate since I already have another fellowship granted. I don't know if there is a way to ask officially :)
I'm not sure when they award the seal of excellence, but you can ask your NCP. Congrats on your fellowship! :)

Greyrock

Post by Greyrock » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:40 pm

fourtimesfailedmsca wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:59 pm
CatTaotao wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:24 pm
dw2022 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:23 pm

I can also send you mine. Did not get funded but got 5.0 for the Impact.
I also have the same problem. Do you mind also send me? Many thanks!
And to me please
Same here, please. That section is a mystery, to me at least.

energy2022+

Post by energy2022+ » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:41 pm

Hello. guys. Do you know how long could I postpone the fellowship?

Greyrock

Post by Greyrock » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:42 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:39 pm
pybhbua wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 pm
trina_80 wrote:

I'm not sure when they award the seal of excellence, but you can ask your NCP. Congrats on your fellowship! :)
Seal of excellence is sent out in May

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:02 pm

energy2022+ wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:41 pm
Hello. guys. Do you know how long could I postpone the fellowship?
You can postpone to start at max 12 months after signing agreement

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:24 pm

skm wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:01 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:21 pm
aguiarea wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:11 pm
Did anyone from Brazil here get it? it was my second attempt (in the first I got 93.5%) and now 95%.
I was hopeless because the project was not properly reviewed, but it was approved.
I'm going to Spain on a sustainability project (chemical/food engineering).
I did! Also host in Spain! There's another fellow Brazilian also from CHE who got via ERA! 🥳🥳🥳🥳👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
ERA call is specific and the project shall engage Widening Country...etc... and these are not formally considered as MSCA Fellows. but Brazil is not in the list of Widening Country.. anyway,, Congrats.
another brazilian here who got it, SOC! :) Viva!!!

hubirai

Post by hubirai » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:34 pm

Thanks mate, I think re-evaluation is not possible, I just wrote to my supervisors and the one in Australia said probably the points might not change, but clearly there are procedural mistakes such as the number of months (my application was for 36, yet it says 24 on the evaluation) not to mention as a native speaker, I am considered as intermediate reader in my native language etc. these are not "scientific" at all. Additionally in one remark they are suggesting that I did not include archeology for interdisciplinarity in a project on how Mongols used diplomacy for survival in the face of Russian and Chinese expansion, which kind of tickles some sensation of racist or discriminatory approach since Mongolian was the lingua franca of diplomacy, but the reviewer is asking me to approach them as an illiterate society and use some archeology and material culture to better understand them, after all, they are "neandarthals", so I need to look at cave drawings to better understand teir diplomatic practices... So here I have a weakness for not approaching an early modern society as a stone age one. Anyway, I do not believe that these are scientific considerations at all. For the last year's reviews, I have no negative comments, though I missed a seal of excellence by two points, but this year, I think even the reviewers were selected by lottery, they clearly simply skimmed through the text, and had no idea what they were reading, I even doubt their holding a PhD now...

Kevin90 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:18 pm
hubirai wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:08 pm
Last year I got 83, my implementation part receive 3.4, this year I got 75, I have not made any major changes to the other parts, just concentrated on the implementation, and implementation was 2.5! excellence dropped from 4.6 to 3.4! The number of months and the budget were wron, and the reviewers claimed that my Turkish, Russian and Chinese were intermediate. Turkish is my native language and I have a PhD in Classical Chinese literature from a Chinese university with a dissertation written in Chinese! Ok, let's put Russian and Chinese aside, how can my native tongue be intermediate, and how do they decide? Furthermore, they found not using archeology for a project on 17th-18th century Mongol diplomacy. We are not talking about neandarthals, Mongol was the lingua franca of Eurasian diplomacy by then, and definitely no need for archeology. I plan to apply for a re-evaluation, because I seriously doubt that they read my proposal, or my CV at all, just skimmed through and gave a random score. They did not even understand that the project is on diplomtic history, they cited cross-cultural exchanges and how my proposal was lacking in them. I mean you do not need a PhD in history to know that diplomacy and cultural exchange are different fields right? Do you think that I can apply for these mistakes on grounds of procedural errors since they obviously invented weaknesses that were not even about the proposal's theme? I will contact my NCP but I would also be grateful for your suggestions as well. I am not hopeful of getting the grant but I want an indiscriminate and just evaluation at this point.
Sorry for what you have experienced.
How and where could you apply for re-evaluation?
Don't remember if anywhere state that re-evaluation is allowed. I might consider it as well.

hubirai

Post by hubirai » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:39 pm

sweepytoo wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:19 pm
hubirai wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:08 pm
Last year I got 83, my implementation part receive 3.4, this year I got 75, I have not made any major changes to the other parts, just concentrated on the implementation, and implementation was 2.5! excellence dropped from 4.6 to 3.4! The number of months and the budget were wron, and the reviewers claimed that my Turkish, Russian and Chinese were intermediate. Turkish is my native language and I have a PhD in Classical Chinese literature from a Chinese university with a dissertation written in Chinese! Ok, let's put Russian and Chinese aside, how can my native tongue be intermediate, and how do they decide? Furthermore, they found not using archeology for a project on 17th-18th century Mongol diplomacy. We are not talking about neandarthals, Mongol was the lingua franca of Eurasian diplomacy by then, and definitely no need for archeology. I plan to apply for a re-evaluation, because I seriously doubt that they read my proposal, or my CV at all, just skimmed through and gave a random score. They did not even understand that the project is on diplomtic history, they cited cross-cultural exchanges and how my proposal was lacking in them. I mean you do not need a PhD in history to know that diplomacy and cultural exchange are different fields right? Do you think that I can apply for these mistakes on grounds of procedural errors since they obviously invented weaknesses that were not even about the proposal's theme? I will contact my NCP but I would also be grateful for your suggestions as well. I am not hopeful of getting the grant but I want an indiscriminate and just evaluation at this point.
I am really sorry for you, and these calls can be so infuriating because they are in many ways not fair at all.
Thanks for the support, I am actually not angry at not getting the grant, because as I began to see people with 94.4 on the reserve list, I accepted the fact that I did not get it, what is bothering me is the comments, and how unprofessional they were. Yes , you might not like the idea, and try to find some weak points, but you do not invent them such as claiming that the applicant has intermediate reading skills in his native language, or did not use archeology for understanding early modern diplomatic practices. .

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:45 pm

Taha2021 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:32 pm
Congratulations to all successful applications and sorry for everyone else (including me)

Also, I would like to ask whether someone could name all the fellowships/grants that are more or less similar to the MSCA? In my case, I finish my PhD in 2017, so I cannot apply to several of them...I have some geographic restrictions since I have been working in Germany for a few years (but at the same time, I am not European). I will start with the ones that I know (some are specific for LIF):

Branco Weiss Fellowship
EMBO Fellowship
HFSP
FEBS
Human Technopole Fellowship
ICGEB Fellowship

(I tried to post the links but the server did not allow it :roll:)
Hi, here is a comprehensive list of fellowship: https://asntech.github.io/postdoc-funding-schemes/
Hope this helps!