2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

skm

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by skm » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:41 am

Fu Manchu wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:42 am
Same proposal:

2020 - Strengths:
1- The proposal includes a risk assessment which also addresses potential Covid-19 restriction and provides alternative approaches.
2- The proposal contains a clear, detailed and feasible outline of proposed dissemination measures and potential impact is realistic.
2- The project identifies a strategy to target key academic peers and non-academic stakeholders.
3- The research and training activities would contribute to the researcher's overall goal and aspiration towards an academic career and a future professorship.
2021 - Weaknesses:
1- The risk assessment plan is not sufficiently clear on specific mitigation measures and/or contingency plan(s).
2- The planned dissemination and exploitation measures within the academia are not explained with sufficient detail.
3- The expected future career perspectives and employability of the researcher after the fellowship are not adequately addressed.

Well... I had only 5 comments as weaknesses. At least two and a half of them were seeing as "strengths" in 2020's call. This isn't right.
This is absolutely ridiculous. Highly frustrating and de-motivating others to think twice whether to apply again or not.
hmmm... something should be DONE and make the concerned European authorities be aware of such uncertainties in such a prestigious research funding call assessment.

Tao2022

Post by Tao2022 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:59 am

shnavazani wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:36 am
For those who are planning to re apply or next year will be their first attemp, please pay more attention to your exellence part. This is the most important thing. If you pass exellence, minor weakness in other parts won't fail you. I got 5 in excellence and 4.3 impact and 4.6 implenation but I got the grant(EF-ENG). Wish you all the best!
I got 5 in excellence, but 4.2 and 4.3 in impact and implementation, repectively.

argy20

Post by argy20 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am

sa6shah wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:22 pm
argy20 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:24 pm
Just to update everyone and thank you for all the information being shared here. Really helped go through this.

I got an evaluation only email this morning at 6:45 am. When accessing the portal there was also a document stating I was on the reserve list. There was also a letter there that confirmed I have received the funding as part of the ERA scheme.

My score was 92.8 in EF-ENG and am the cutoff for the ERA scheme in my panel as communicated to me through NCP.
Hi Argy
Concerning Era, and
Except the letter entitled "additional information..." which can be found in the Evaluation result letter/ Process documents,
Have you received something more?
Unfortunately not yet. But I provided my proposal number and title to the local NCP (in Greece) and he confirmed that I am funded. I guess I will ask him when we are expected to receive a grant agreement form. There was already an issue with Greece's involvement in ERA, as it was our first year in the scheme. Perhaps that is why there's this issue. Are you in Greece as well?

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 am

For those who got it with a UK host, this was sent to me by my NCP:

You may be aware that the UK has still not formally associated to the Horizon Europe programme and until we do associate, we cannot sign a Grant Agreement with the EU.

To overcome this, the UK government has provided a guarantee of UKRI funding for any successful UK applicant to the programme. This guarantee covers successful applications under a number of calls including this one, and includes all calls where the grant agreement is expected to be signed before the end of 2022.
See the top document on this link: https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... -guidance/
Your call is noted on page 17 as one of those in the second wave of the guarantee.

So funding for the project is secure, but unless there is an extremely fast end to the UK/EU negotiations regarding our association to Horizon Europe, it does mean that your project will be funded through UK resources. There are no additional ‘review’ hurdles to obtain this money. There will be various admin tasks by me/Research Services because we need to complete some additional admin processes to register the project on the UKRI systems rather than the EU portal. I will take care of this, specific guidance is being made available on a call by call basis. Our team is now managing many awards that are going to be funded by the UK Govt and so we are becoming familiar with the processes.

TLDR: UK is not yet associated with the Horizon Program but funding is still secure (money will come from UKRI).

Topsyturvy

Post by Topsyturvy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:58 am

argy20 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am
sa6shah wrote:
argy20 wrote:
Just to update everyone and thank you for all the information being shared here. Really helped go through this.

I got an evaluation only email this morning at 6:45 am. When accessing the portal there was also a document stating I was on the reserve list. There was also a letter there that confirmed I have received the funding as part of the ERA scheme.

My score was 92.8 in EF-ENG and am the cutoff for the ERA scheme in my panel as communicated to me through NCP.
Hi Argy
Concerning Era, and
Except the letter entitled "additional information..." which can be found in the Evaluation result letter/ Process documents,
Unfortunately not yet. But I provided my proposal number and title to the local NCP (in Greece) and he confirmed that I am funded. I guess I will ask him when we are expected to receive a grant agreement form. There was already an issue with Greece's involvement in ERA, as it was our first year in the scheme. Perhaps that is why there's this issue. Are you in Greece as well?
I am not in Greece but have ERA and I have also not received an additional letter (besides the one that tells you you have been allocated for funding). But I have now been told by multiple sources I have funding. We probably just have to wait a bit longer.

Topsyturvy

Post by Topsyturvy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:59 am

karbonnom wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 am

You may be aware that the UK has still not formally associated to the Horizon Europe programme and until we do associate, we cannot sign a Grant Agreement with the EU.

To overcome this, the UK government has provided a guarantee of UKRI funding for any successful UK applicant to the programme. This guarantee covers successful applications under a number of calls including this one, and includes all calls where the grant agreement is expected to be signed before the end of 2022.
See the top document on this link: https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... -guidance/
Your call is noted on page 17 as one of those in the second wave of the guarantee.

So funding for the project is secure, but unless there is an extremely fast end to the UK/EU negotiations regarding our association to Horizon Europe, it does mean that your project will be funded through UK resources. There are no additional ‘review’ hurdles to obtain this money. There will be various admin tasks by me/Research Services because we need to complete some additional admin processes to register the project on the UKRI systems rather than the EU portal. I will take care of this, specific guidance is being made available on a call by call basis. Our team is now managing many awards that are going to be funded by the UK Govt and so we are becoming familiar with the processes.

TLDR: UK is not yet associated with the Horizon Program but funding is still secure (money will come from UKRI).
you suppose this is why the results were delayed?

SezarArj

Post by SezarArj » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:00 am

Guys
Do you know of a website that introduces grants like Marie Curie?
Do you know of any other examples we can take action on?
please guide me.

sa6shah

Post by sa6shah » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 am

argy20 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am
sa6shah wrote:
argy20 wrote:

Hi Argy
Concerning Era, and
Thanks Argy. I will also inform my NCP to check this matter.
I'm from Iran - wants to move to Poland

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:52 am

karbonnom wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing this! Do you guys think that if the grants in UK will ultimately be funded from UK resources all those leftover funds will go into funding more proposals that are currently on the reserve lists?

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:15 am

Topsyturvy wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:59 am
karbonnom wrote:

you suppose this is why the results were delayed?
Not sure. I don't know how this association process takes but it seems like for the next round, they are confident that they will be associated then. They only have the guarantee period for two rounds, so this year being the second one.