2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

sa6shah

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by sa6shah » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:20 pm

argy20 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:18 pm
sa6shah wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 am
argy20 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am

Unfortunately not yet. But I provided my proposal number and title to the local NCP (in Greece) and he confirmed that I am funded. I guess I will ask him when we are expected to receive a grant agreement form. There was already an issue with Greece's involvement in ERA, as it was our first year in the scheme. Perhaps that is why there's this issue. Are you in Greece as well?
Thanks Argy. I will also inform my NCP to check this matter.
I'm from Iran - wants to move to Poland
I see. Lots of different variables then. Congrats.
Argy
I think something is happening concerning ERA
I can see my proposal resubmitted
and assigned with a new ID

HQA_2022

Post by HQA_2022 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:17 pm

I got it with a 99.6% score!

GF PHY. My status changed to ranking before March 1st at 3.00 pm.

Please, anyone can post again the excel document to add my result to it?

For anyone it could be helpful for the next call:

In the previous call, my proposal scored 78%. For this call, I covered every weak point in the evaluation document from last year. I reorganized the Excellence part trying to reduce the introduction and clarify every single aspect of my research plan. I focused on getting to the point in the first page without losing clarity. I also added quantitative details to my proposal. I wrote a program for simulating certain aspects of my project trying to put in numbers the improvements it offers. Also, I wrote again the whole part dedicated to the transfer of knowledge from me to both host institutions. It is important to build a solid transfer plan with concrete skills. Any soft and generic sentence is going to undermine your exposition.

In the second part of the proposal, I did not change a bit since it had a perfect score last year. I simply reorganized it to fit with the new layout for this section. In the work plan (Gantt chart) I lowered the expectations since my proposal was criticized because I was expecting too many publications. Also, I strengthened the mitigation plan since it was the weakest point last year.

gkfighting

Post by gkfighting » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:13 am

argy20 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:24 pm
Just to update everyone and thank you for all the information being shared here. Really helped go through this.

I got an evaluation only email this morning at 6:45 am. When accessing the portal there was also a document stating I was on the reserve list. There was also a letter there that confirmed I have received the funding as part of the ERA scheme.

My score was 92.8 in EF-ENG and am the cutoff for the ERA scheme in my panel as communicated to me through local NCP.
Hi Angy, we are in the same section. I got 91 this year. I'm still in the reserve list. I'm not sure whether I can make it this year and how many people ahead of me.

Congrats to you hard work. Cheers!

lucaJ

Post by lucaJ » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:28 am

HQA_2022 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:17 pm
I got it with a 99.6% score!

GF PHY. My status changed to ranking before March 1st at 3.00 pm.

Please, anyone can post again the excel document to add my result to it?

For anyone it could be helpful for the next call:

In the previous call, my proposal scored 78%. For this call, I covered every weak point in the evaluation document from last year. I reorganized the Excellence part trying to reduce the introduction and clarify every single aspect of my research plan. I focused on getting to the point in the first page without losing clarity. I also added quantitative details to my proposal. I wrote a program for simulating certain aspects of my project trying to put in numbers the improvements it offers. Also, I wrote again the whole part dedicated to the transfer of knowledge from me to both host institutions. It is important to build a solid transfer plan with concrete skills. Any soft and generic sentence is going to undermine your exposition.

In the second part of the proposal, I did not change a bit since it had a perfect score last year. I simply reorganized it to fit with the new layout for this section. In the work plan (Gantt chart) I lowered the expectations since my proposal was criticized because I was expecting too many publications. Also, I strengthened the mitigation plan since it was the weakest point last year.
Thanks for sharing this nice success story!
I applied for the first time this year in GF-PHY and got 86%. Mainly criticized for lack of details in the secondment activity and not enough complementarity between the 2 institutions for transfer of knowledge. The project per se was actually very much appreciated.
I didn't know one had actually to cover transfer of knowledge from the ER to also the 3rd country institution (but only the reverse)..
Anyhow I think I'll try to reapply, and it gives a lot of hope to hear that in a re-application one can have such a tremendous improvement!

Best wishes for your project and congratulations!

Morgan92

Post by Morgan92 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:45 am

gkfighting wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:13 am
argy20 wrote:
Just to update everyone and thank you for all the information being shared here. Really helped go through this.

I got an evaluation only email this morning at 6:45 am. When accessing the portal there was also a document stating I was on the reserve list. There was also a letter there that confirmed I have received the funding as part of the ERA scheme.

My score was 92.8 in EF-ENG and am the cutoff for the ERA scheme in my panel as communicated to me through local NCP.
Hi Angy, we are in the same section. I got 91 this year. I'm still in the reserve list. I'm not sure whether I can make it this year and how many people ahead of me.

Hi gkfighting

My score is 92.8 in EF-ENG on the reserve list. Don't know how many people in front of me.

argy20

Post by argy20 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:22 pm

sa6shah wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:20 pm
argy20 wrote:
sa6shah wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 am

Thanks Argy. I will also inform my NCP to check this matter.
I'm from Iran - wants to move to Poland
Argy
Hi Sa6shah,

Also in my case. Now as part of HORIZON-WIDERA-2022-TALENTS-02 instead of HORIZON-MSCA-2021-PF-01. But the proposal looks to be blank. No documents or costing are sorted yet.

Greek NCP confirmed that he has no idea how this will play out as this is the first year Greece is in the widening scheme. In your case your NCP would surely know the process if you contact him.

Let's see!

roro

Post by roro » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Morgan92 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:45 am
Hi gkfighting

My score is 92.8 in EF-ENG on the reserve list. Don't know how many people in front of me.
Since the cut off seems to be exactly that, then you should be some of the first.

argy20

Post by argy20 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:28 pm

gkfighting wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:13 am
argy20 wrote:

Hi gkfighting,

Just to let you know. As I also mentioned to Morgan that I believe the cut-off for the regural call was higher than 92.8. I think this cut-off is only for ERA eligible people. I'm not entirely sure though you better contact your NCP. Greek one replied fast and in detail. There's a also a reserve list thread. Could check it out.

Morgan92

Post by Morgan92 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:56 pm

roro wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:25 pm
Morgan92 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:45 am
Hi gkfighting

Since the cut off seems to be exactly that, then you should be some of the first.
If Argy's guess is right that 92.8 is only the cut-off for ERA proposals, then we all have few chances.

sa6shah

Post by sa6shah » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:02 pm

argy20 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:22 pm
sa6shah wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:20 pm
argy20 wrote:

Argy
Hi Sa6shah,

Also in my case. Now as part of HORIZON-WIDERA-2022-TALENTS-02 instead of HORIZON-MSCA-2021-PF-01. But the proposal looks to be blank. No documents or costing are sorted yet.

Greek NCP confirmed that he has no idea how this will play out as this is the first year Greece is in the widening scheme. In your case your NCP would surely know the process if you contact him.

Let's see!
Same here.
Generally, ERA is new. So we better just wait. in a few weeks they are going to send us the next letter.