Applicants with industrial placement

MC2021

Applicants with industrial placement

Post by MC2021 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:23 am

Hi,

My application was successful in the last PF 2021 call.

The proposal got industrial placement.. However, In the grant management page, under budget section, I am seeing only the grant amount that pertains to 24 months. But the time period is mentioned as 30 months..

I am just curious to know, Is it the same for other awardees with industrial placement as well ???

St_Remy

Re: Applicants with industrial placement

Post by St_Remy » Tue May 03, 2022 10:08 am

The total cost under "Research, Training and Networking Cost" should total 30k euros and not 24k euros, assuming you won the European Fellowship. I also got a placement and my RTN cost totals 30k euros. Also, in ESR, the evaluator specifically mentioned my proposed placement as adding value to my training, which is how I know that it was positively evaluated. However, if after totaling all costs under each category, and there are shortages, then you need to contact your NCP urgently who should have spotted this anomaly long ago and raised it with the project officer on the EU side. I wish you luck in correcting it now. Please, keep us posted.

MC2021

Post by MC2021 » Tue May 03, 2022 1:34 pm

St_Remy wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:08 am
The total cost under "Research, Training and Networking Cost" should total 30k euros and not 24k euros, assuming you won the European Fellowship. I also got a placement and my RTN cost totals 30k euros. Also, in ESR, the evaluator specifically mentioned my proposed placement as adding value to my training, which is how I know that it was positively evaluated. However, if after totaling all costs under each category, and there are shortages, then you need to contact your NCP urgently who should have spotted this anomaly long ago and raised it with the project officer on the EU side. I wish you luck in correcting it now. Please, keep us posted.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.. Actually, in my grant management page under the option Financial Overview, for RTN it shows only 24k not 30k. Could you please check yours.. Mine in ESR the grant pertains to both academic stay and insdutrial placement were mentioned..

St_Remy

Post by St_Remy » Thu May 05, 2022 7:37 am

EU-Key project data-JPG.jpg
EU-Key project data-JPG.jpg (81.27 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
My initial response about your NCP seems terse, and I apologize for that. I believe there was no error as the EU typically never make this kind of mistake. The question is if your placement was positively evaluated in ESR, please note that it's not enough to just mention it.

To put your mind at rest that the placement is not part of your MSCA, please check your key project data (see attached picture). What duration was calculated for you? It should read 24 months.