2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

michelef

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by michelef » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:15 pm

Zander22 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:08 am
Hi everyone,

I am busy preparing a MSCA PF for the first time this year, but due to its competitiveness I have to consider other postdoc positions also. I guess most people here are in a similar position.

If successful, I guess we find out in March 2023. What I would really like to know is, how long after that do you have to accept and start the MSCA fellowship? So, if I take another position now, how long can the MSCA be pushed back?

Thanks!
I think the start of the action could be delayed up to 12 months after the signature of the grant agreement (it may be even more, but I'm not sure). So hypothetically you could start the project in March 2024.

michelef

Post by michelef » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:20 pm

saisonenenfer wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:40 pm
I am confused about a certain point that I was hoping someone could clarify. When we submit the application, do we submit as researcher, or does the supervisor also have to submit the proposal on our behalf ? The Marie Curie website says that it encourages supervisors to submit the application, but I was wondering if people could also submit as researchers and still be successful. I am confused about the role of the supervisor and whether or not this person has to formally endorse at a certain point, to the people on the board of the MSCA.
In my experience it is the researcher that submits the proposal. I've never heard of the supervisor playing any active role in the submission procedure.
No one is expected to endorse your submission as long as you have an agreement with the supervisor and the host institution, which will simply be informed via email when you submit the proposal and when the results are available.

Technically, the supervisor, as well as the administrative contact person, could access and edit your submission. Perhaps the contact person could add/update the university/department information, but beyond that it's more likely that no one would even bother checking your submission (at least in my limited experience).

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:26 am

If the applicant submitted the application, The supervisor will be only notified while the host will need to endorse the application from their side in order for the evaluation process to be carried on... best of luck
michelef wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:20 pm
saisonenenfer wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:40 pm
I am confused about a certain point that I was hoping someone could clarify. When we submit the application, do we submit as researcher, or does the supervisor also have to submit the proposal on our behalf ? The Marie Curie website says that it encourages supervisors to submit the application, but I was wondering if people could also submit as researchers and still be successful. I am confused about the role of the supervisor and whether or not this person has to formally endorse at a certain point, to the people on the board of the MSCA.
In my experience it is the researcher that submits the proposal. I've never heard of the supervisor playing any active role in the submission procedure.
No one is expected to endorse your submission as long as you have an agreement with the supervisor and the host institution, which will simply be informed via email when you submit the proposal and when the results are available.

Technically, the supervisor, as well as the administrative contact person, could access and edit your submission. Perhaps the contact person could add/update the university/department information, but beyond that it's more likely that no one would even bother checking your submission (at least in my limited experience).

skm

Post by skm » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:15 am

Hi
i am reapplying now second time.

mostly our projects are multidisciplinary. its very critical and confusing to select descriptors.

Does any one know, whether the evaluation panel be selected just by main subject area ? i.e. PHY, CHE etc.?
OR
the panel will also change based on all sub descriptors we mention?

I think/guess the reason for abnormal scores (LOW) received by almost same proposals which were submitted second time, may be due to this panel selection.

Regards

KathyHappy

Post by KathyHappy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:07 pm

I think it means your main subject area because obviously it cannot include all of these you mentioned, doesn't make sense. Just personal opinion
Does any one know, whether the evaluation panel be selected just by main subject area ? i.e. PHY, CHE etc.?
OR
the panel will also change based on all sub descriptors we mention?

pkourtes

Post by pkourtes » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:50 pm

Magic Link (REMINDER):

https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... /XXXXXXXXX

You need to replace the XXXXXXXXX with your Proposal ID number.

Let the madness begin :lol: :lol: :lol:

SaraD

Post by SaraD » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:17 pm

Good luck everyone!

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:35 am

The European Research Executive Agency received 7 044 proposals. By comparison, 8 356 proposals were submitted in 2021 and over 1 200 were eventually selected for funding. From this year, resubmission restrictions apply for applications that received a score below 70% in the previous call.

This year’s submitted proposals are distributed as follows

European Fellowships : 6 334 proposals
Global Fellowships: 710 proposals
Through this call, the European Commission is expected to fund over 1 230 projects, with an indicative budget of €257 million.

They were really successful in reducing the applications this year...

skm

Post by skm » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:50 am

hi
I don't think the 'resubmission' restrictions have resulted in reduced number of applications.
Anyway correct me if i am wrong, the restriction is only for "resubmitting the SAME proposal" but not a new one. So, if anyone really want to apply they can submit a new proposal. Is int it?

Regards

michelef

Post by michelef » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:41 pm

skm wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:50 am
hi
I don't think the 'resubmission' restrictions have resulted in reduced number of applications.
Anyway correct me if i am wrong, the restriction is only for "resubmitting the SAME proposal" but not a new one. So, if anyone really want to apply they can submit a new proposal. Is int it?

Regards
No unfortunately the resubmission restriction concerns the applicant, not the project. So if you get a too low score you cannot apply the following year irrespective of whether the project is the same or a completely different project. It works the same as the ERC resubmission restriction

This may indeed be one of the causes for the sharp reduction in applications, i.e., people are thinking twice before applying as if they are not ready and get a too low score they won't be able to apply the following year