Will there be a reduction in the funding of the UK as the host country in the call (2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow

UKresearcher

Will there be a reduction in the funding of the UK as the host country in the call (2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow

Post by UKresearcher » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:23 am

Will there be a reduction in the funding of the UK as the host country in the call (2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship)? Today, the news showed that the number of funded persons in Cambridge decreased significantly last year.

UKresearcher

Re: Will there be a reduction in the funding of the UK as the host country in the call (2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fe

Post by UKresearcher » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:00 pm

“The Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the European Union and the United Kingdom provides for the possibility of associating the United Kingdom to Union programmes, including Horizon Europe. We continue to recognise the mutual benefit of cooperation in science, research and innovation.
Successful applicants established in the United Kingdom will not be treated as established in an associated country if the association agreement does not apply by the time of the signature of the grant agreement.
The United Kingdom’s association to Horizon Europe did not apply at the planned date (14/6/2022) of signature of the grant agreement for your proposal. Therefore, your proposal has been declared ineligible and formally rejected.”

I was above the cut-off score in 2022, but still not funded, so I felt that ERC was limiting applicants from UK.

waxwing

Re: Will there be a reduction in the funding of the UK as the host country in the call (2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fe

Post by waxwing » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:08 pm

UKresearcher wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:00 pm
“The Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the European Union and the United Kingdom provides for the possibility of associating the United Kingdom to Union programmes, including Horizon Europe. We continue to recognise the mutual benefit of cooperation in science, research and innovation.
Successful applicants established in the United Kingdom will not be treated as established in an associated country if the association agreement does not apply by the time of the signature of the grant agreement.
The United Kingdom’s association to Horizon Europe did not apply at the planned date (14/6/2022) of signature of the grant agreement for your proposal. Therefore, your proposal has been declared ineligible and formally rejected.”

I was above the cut-off score in 2022, but still not funded, so I felt that ERC was limiting applicants from UK.
I replied similarly in the thread MSCA-PF 2022 thread, but have a read-through of the published document about UKRI's funding guarantee for sucessful Horizon Europe applicants prior to UK's formal association to Horizon Europe: https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... -guidance/

Praba

Post by Praba » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:40 am

UKresearcher wrote:

Hi, how will it work? I try to mean, the selected UK candidates will not receive an invitation for Grant Agreement Preparation (GAP) from Horizon Europe until the UK & EU association agreement get formalized, or after the agreement sign for MSCA, will they be informed if the UK’s association to Horizon Europe will not apply at the planned date?
The recent update from UKRI stated that the guarantee funding for Horizon Europe will be extended for MSCA-PF 2022 (https://www.ukri.org/wp-content/uploads ... idance.pdf). Is that mean the same scenario will be followed for this year also, like MSCA-PF 2021?

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:27 am

UKresearcher wrote:

Hi , is there any news on UK and reserve list ?