2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

can'tgetapost-doc

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by can'tgetapost-doc » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:45 am

Hi all,
EF-SOC, 92.20%. First attempt but still quite irritated, some of the weaknesses sound silly and sometimes they seem to contradict the identified strengths :roll:

Where do you read if you are in the reserve list? In the evaluation letter? I don't think I am, I did not see any mention of it there... Sorry for the basic question

gincidentallyinquiry

Post by gincidentallyinquiry » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:47 am

can'tgetapost-doc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:45 am
Hi all,
EF-SOC, 92.20%. First attempt but still quite irritated, some of the weaknesses sounds silly and sometimes they seem to contradict the identified strengths :roll:

Where do you read if you are in the reserve list? In the evaluation letter? I don't think I am, I did not see any mention of it there... Sorry for the basic question
No, it says in the "information letter" - "Dear Applicant,
I am writing in connection with your proposal for the above-mentioned call.
Having completed the evaluation, we would like to inform you that — although it has in principle
received a favourable evaluation — your proposal is unfortunately currently not high enough in the
ranking to be funded (given the budget limit of the call).
Your proposal has however been put on the reserve list (proposals that might be invited to grant
preparation if higher ranked proposals drop out or additional funding becomes available)."

can'tgetapost-doc

Post by can'tgetapost-doc » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:51 am

gincidentallyinquiry wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:47 am
can'tgetapost-doc wrote:
Hi all,
EF-SOC, 92.20%. First attempt but still quite irritated, some of the weaknesses sounds silly and sometimes they seem to contradict the identified strengths :roll:

Having completed the evaluation, we would like to inform you that — although it has in principle
received a favourable evaluation — your proposal is unfortunately currently not high enough in the
Your proposal has however been put on the reserve list (proposals that might be invited to grant
preparation if higher ranked proposals drop out or additional funding becomes available)."
not my case then unfortunately. Thanks...
Today will be a difficult day... Congratulations to those who made it.

gincidentallyinquiry

Post by gincidentallyinquiry » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:54 am

can'tgetapost-doc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:51 am
can'tgetapost-doc wrote:
Hi all,

Did you receive a score of 92.2 and were not placed on the waiting list? This truly shocks me; you are almost at last year's cutoff (93). Last year, I scored 89 and was shortlisted. This is really overwhelming.

gincidentallyinquiry

Post by gincidentallyinquiry » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:58 am

can'tgetapost-doc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:51 am
can'tgetapost-doc wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry, I was so surprised by this that I didn't even say it: I know it doesn't feel like it now, but scoring 92.2 in your first attempt is REALLY impressive. You should seriously consider applying with the same proposal next call. Wishing you the best.

Coquilino

Post by Coquilino » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:59 am

I'm still waiting for the results in SOC EF proposal. Anxious..

gincidentallyinquiry

Post by gincidentallyinquiry » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:03 am

Coquilino wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:59 am
I'm still waiting for the results in SOC EF proposal. Anxious..
Wishing you the best!

spes

Post by spes » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:09 am

can'tgetapost-doc wrote:
Hi all,
EF-SOC, 92.20%. First attempt but still quite irritated, some of the weaknesses sound silly and sometimes they seem to contradict the identified strengths :roll:

First attempt with 92,20 is a very good result. You can be very happy of your work. Unfortunately, contradictory judjments are normal. You are not alone, I have found some too (and other many people…you can verify it reading the topics of past calls). In my second attempt, have been evaluated as weaknesses 2 things that were appreciated in the last call. If I were you, I would apply with the same proposal next call.
Last edited by spes on Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coquilino

Post by Coquilino » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:10 am

Thanks!! but It looks strange as a lot of people were already informed in this panel

watermelon

Post by watermelon » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:21 am

watermelon wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:45 am
First time applicant here, 93% and in the reserve list, EF-ENV panel. In one of the sections, the reviewers have not read the answers with care, and I lose out 0.5 (or 2 marks in total). I have clearly addressed the supposed "weakness" that they have mentioned. Could anyone please let me know if it is a good idea to request a redress review? Is it possible that this process might result in a lower score than the one I currently have?

Congratulations to the applicants who have gotten the grant. Solidarity with the others.
Really hoping my proposal will get funded. Wanted this nightmare to end, but it is getting dragged out!