ERC Starting grant 2024

cayspoys

Re: ERC Starting grant 2024

Post by cayspoys » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:47 pm

Iko wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:45 am
Does anyone know if the A, B, C grade is communicated before the evaluation report?
That's a great point! I wonder about it as well.

I'm in PE10 and someone who knows a person in a PE panel told me that the panel meetings are just over and they still didn't do the ranking yet. So it can be as late as the last week of March.

Whether rejection or invitation, I'm just so tired :D I just want to know and be over it.

Congrats to those who are already invited to the interviews!

SarahK

Post by SarahK » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:56 pm

I hope they act faster and they don't send the emails late March! My guess is the results will come out for us, next week.

I totally understand what you say! I'm ready for accepting rejection, of course after a few days of sadness and disappointment. But, I'm not ready for prolonged suspension.

At least, it's great that they send the rejection emails and invitations at the same time!
cayspoys wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:47 pm
Iko wrote:
Does anyone know if the A, B, C grade is communicated before the evaluation report?

I'm in PE10 and someone who knows a person in a PE panel told me that the panel meetings are just over and they still didn't do the ranking yet. So it can be as late as the last week of March.

Whether rejection or invitation, I'm just so tired :D I just want to know and be over it.

Hb1

Post by Hb1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:07 pm

Hello guys. Congratulations for the ones that got invited. LS8 panel for me, still no news. I guess we will be the last ones to receive the email since the interviews are planned mid-june.
Last edited by Hb1 on Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cayspoys

Post by cayspoys » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:10 pm

Generally speaking, not just for ERC, I think all funding schemes should be way more transparent - like showing the status of the proposal in the submission system and having fixed certain dates for the communication of results.

We give our time and our best ideas for a slight ''maybe'' to secure funding and I really find it annoying that the best we can get back is ''oh please keep stressing, we'll let you know randomly sometime in March'' :D

I wish I could hibernate and wake up to check the result :)
SarahK wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:56 pm
I hope they act faster and they don't send the emails late March! My guess is the results will come out for us, next week.

I totally understand what you say! I'm ready for accepting rejection, of course after a few days of sadness and disappointment. But, I'm not ready for prolonged suspension.

At least, it's great that they send the rejection emails and invitations at the same time!
cayspoys wrote:
Iko wrote:

SarahK

Post by SarahK » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:36 pm

I couldn't agree more!

cayspoys wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:10 pm
Generally speaking, not just for ERC, I think all funding schemes should be way more transparent - like showing the status of the proposal in the submission system and having fixed certain dates for the communication of results.

We give our time and our best ideas for a slight ''maybe'' to secure funding and I really find it annoying that the best we can get back is ''oh please keep stressing, we'll let you know randomly sometime in March'' :D

I wish I could hibernate and wake up to check the result :)
SarahK wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:56 pm

cayspoys wrote:

Joshuasnell

Post by Joshuasnell » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:35 pm

This morning I got an invitation for an interview. SH4 here. And a colleague of mine was rejected for the same SH4.

Fingers crossed for everybody who is still waiting!

CGN

Post by CGN » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:58 pm

Joshuasnell wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:35 pm
This morning I got an invitation for an interview. SH4 here. And a colleague of mine was rejected for the same SH4.

A colleague of mine was invited (SH5).

I think next week LS and PE will be notified!

Good luck everyone

SarahK

Post by SarahK » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:17 pm

Joshuasnell wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:35 pm

Congratulations!

Yolcu

Post by Yolcu » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:42 am

Congratulations to all who were invited!
I am still waiting for the PE panel. Hopefully, we will be informed next week, not at the end of this month.

SarahK

Post by SarahK » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:54 pm

Yolcu wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:42 am
Congratulations to all who were invited!
I am still waiting for the PE panel. Hopefully, we will be informed next week, not at the end of this month.
I'm PE and still waiting, too. Maybe tomorrow is the day! Let's hope to get the results this Monday! Also, please write here as soon as you get the email. I'll do the same.