Mistake in MSCA keyword

ty5478

Mistake in MSCA keyword

Post by ty5478 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 am

Hello All,

Submitted my msca today and somehow it added an extra 5th keyword which is completely unrelated to my topic. Does anyone know how bad are my chances?

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: Mistake in MSCA keyword

Post by CountZ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 am

First, congratulations on submitting it.
It added the keyword by itself? Or was it an accidental copy and paste?

I don’t think it’ll be much of an issue. The keywords are used to select reviewers but they’ll also use the three panels you chose, and the other four keywords. They then review the abstract. So it’s really unlikely you’d get a reviewer from that keyword.

Don’t worry.

ty5478

Post by ty5478 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:20 am

Thank you for your reply and kind words. This last keyword was selected from the drop down menu and I really do not remember selecting it. I do not understand what do you mean by three panels there? Are you sure they do not use softwares for the task of selecting reviewers? Further, i am also worried this would give a bad impression in the beginning of the proposal

Thank you very much again!

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:02 pm

Well, in any case, it's submitted now. So too late to do anything about it.
There are three pulldown menus in the A forms where you select your panel/specialization; and a textbox to enter your keywords. One extra keyword at the end is unlikely to override the general trend towards the areas you selected, especially if the others are all correct. Yes, they use software to do a first selection, but again, it's only 1 keyword, so will probably have very little impact.