2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Krishchem

Re: 2019 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2019)

Post by Krishchem » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 am

MSCA-newbie wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 am
megasphaera wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:52 am
I am also curious about people opinions on the following: let's say you are doing a postdoc in a lab you like and your msca fellowship is in another one. Would you drop your current position to accept the msca? I imagine if is to go back to your country you will accept anyway.
You can postpone your incorporation, as far as I know, for a while, not mere months. Given that you have a reasonable, well documented, justification. Another thing you can do is take the MSCA fellowship "part time", meaning that you can be working on your MSCA project and part time in the other project. Your salary would accordingly be reduced. The NCPs are the go-to people for confirming these points. They know all to well the "bureaucracy" that can help you with this.
Hope this helps!
The part time thing, How does it work? Can you please share some official links which elaborates this issue?

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:39 am

Shapovalov wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am
It looks like everyone is in a similar position.

I'm just under 2 years into my first postdoc, in a different EU country than my host institute. And am seriously considering leaving academia if I don't get the MSCA IF. Will probably apply again this year, but maybe not even that. Don't know if I can survive this life of desperately craving for a temporary position (only 2 years!) for which we need to move countries. Not to mention that my wife would need to search for jobs each time, even though she has a permanent (non-academic) job.

Anyway, for those who are currently in good position that they won't want to leave, you need not worry. The latest starting date is 1st September 2021 (that's not a typo. Really, 2021). Gives you plenty of time.

As for the part time thing, by default all grants are full time. You need to apply for "permission" to do it part time. However, by my understanding, this should be quite straightforward. It's only a matter of the paper-work and the agreement between you and your host institute. The only exception is that the outgoing phase of a GF has to be full time.
Oh interesting to know that can be moved to 2021. Thanks shapovalov!!

MSCA-newbie

Post by MSCA-newbie » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Krishchem wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 am
MSCA-newbie wrote:
megasphaera wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:52 am
I am also curious about people opinions on the following: let's say you are doing a postdoc in a lab you like and your msca fellowship is in another one. Would you drop your current position to accept the msca? I imagine if is to go back to your country you will accept anyway.
You can postpone your incorporation, as far as I know, for a while, not mere months. Given that you have a reasonable, well documented, justification. Another thing you can do is take the MSCA fellowship "part time", meaning that you can be working on your MSCA project and part time in the other project. Your salary would accordingly be reduced. The NCPs are the go-to people for confirming these points. They know all to well the "bureaucracy" that can help you with this.
Hope this helps!
The part time thing, How does it work? Can you please share some official links which elaborates this issue?
Here you have some info on the part time possibility:
https://mariecurieactions.blogspot.com/ ... le-in.html

Or here:
https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... t/faq/9854

Published on : 06-09-2019 9:52 AM
FAQ ID : 9854
In MSCA IF, as a rule, the researcher must be employed full-time. Part-time employment can however be accepted on personal or family grounds. Since the publication of the work programme 2018-2020, part-time for professional reasons in order to pursue supplementary activities can also be requested provided that it is in agreement with the supervisor and beneficiary, and it received prior approval by the Research Executive Agency (REA).

For Global Fellowships part-time work due to engaging in supplementary activities cannot take place during the outgoing phase of the Global Fellowships.

Supplementary activities include, for example, creating a company, pursuing another research project, engaging in advanced studies not related to the MSCA grant, etc.

However the researcher cannot be involved in two MSCA grants at the same time.

In case of part-time work for professional reasons, the researcher must dedicate at least 50% of their working time to the MSCA IF action.

SOC-2018

Post by SOC-2018 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm

could it be a sign of Phase-change?!

"Funding&Tenders Portal, eGrants and eExperts systems are currently experiencing technical issues. Our technical team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause".

Krishchem

Post by Krishchem » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:19 pm

MSCA-newbie wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:01 pm
Krishchem wrote:
MSCA-newbie wrote:

Hope this helps!

Or here:

In MSCA IF, as a rule, the researcher must be employed full-time. Part-time employment can however be accepted on personal or family grounds. Since the publication of the work programme 2018-2020, part-time for professional reasons in order to pursue supplementary activities can also be requested provided that it is in agreement with the supervisor and beneficiary, and it received prior approval by the Research Executive Agency (REA).

For Global Fellowships part-time work due to engaging in supplementary activities cannot take place during the outgoing phase of the Global Fellowships.

Supplementary activities include, for example, creating a company, pursuing another research project, engaging in advanced studies not related to the MSCA grant, etc.

In case of part-time work for professional reasons, the researcher must dedicate at least 50% of their working time to the MSCA IF action.
Thanks a lot for sharing these details. You have mentioned that the starting date can be delayed with proper justification. Any idea about how much delay is possible on starting the grant?

megasphaera

Post by megasphaera » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Krishchem wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:19 pm
MSCA-newbie wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:01 pm
Krishchem wrote:

Or here:

Thanks a lot for sharing these details. You have mentioned that the starting date can be delayed with proper justification. Any idea about how much delay is possible on starting the grant?
1st Sept of 2021 is the limit to start the fellowship.

Kenniz

Post by Kenniz » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 pm

SOC-2018 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm

"Funding&Tenders Portal, eGrants and eExperts systems are currently experiencing technical issues. Our technical team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause".
I am pretty sure it is. Maybe the changes are visible to us today as soon as we can log back in, but definitely within this week (as it was always this week during the last years).

MSCA_CHEM_2019

Post by MSCA_CHEM_2019 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 pm
SOC-2018 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm

I am pretty sure it is. Maybe the changes are visible to us today as soon as we can log back in, but definitely within this week (as it was always this week during the last years).
Yes, I think the same. Some news??

Kenniz

Post by Kenniz » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Well i can log in again and nothing changed for me :D

MSCA_CHEM_2019

Post by MSCA_CHEM_2019 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Kenniz wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:14 pm
Well i can log in again and nothing changed for me :D
And the link? I can't update. Temporal error